• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at Old Trafford, Manchester

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
When they screwed around with The Ashes by scheduling an extra series in 2015 it was to prevent an Ashes/World Cup clash overseas. So they then decide to hold the World Cup in England which means dumping the Ashes into a 7 week period with two Tests in the autumn. The authorities deserve to have these Tests washed out.

Woodster

International Captain
Dampest city in the wettest, most drab and dreary country on earth. FFS there must be amazing sales of vitamin D tablets over there.
One of the finest cities in the country!! Character building. Beats waking up and seeing “oh, the sun’s out again, how boringly predictable!”

aussie tragic

International Captain
Paine admitting that being WK and captain is not working for DRS (most captains will listen to WK and bowler befire making a decision.

Just give DRS power to Smith ;)

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Test batting ranking is kind of strange. I don't think either Root or Rahane are one of the best 10 Test batsmen in the world right now.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One of the finest cities in the country!! Character building. Beats waking up and seeing “oh, the sun’s out again, how boringly predictable!”
You must really hate Brisbane with its 280 days of sunshine a year, and most of the wet days being evening thunderstorms to cool everything down.

Daemon

The Test batting ranking is kind of strange. I don't think either Root or Rahane are one of the best 10 Test batsmen in the world right now.
Root absolutely still is. Just needs the captaincy taken from him.

Woodster

International Captain
You must really hate Brisbane with its 280 days of sunshine a year, and most of the wet days being evening thunderstorms to cool everything down.
Not really mate I’d bloody love it!! Just trying to think positive.

Burgey

Yeah but can there be any debate over number one? Let's be honest, no other spot really matters, does it?

80W53R

Cricket Spectator
Root absolutely still is. Just needs the captaincy taken from him.
I couldn't agree more, with the removal of captaincy. Then he may be back in the top 10.
Weather update. Not a cloud in the sky and 18c right now with a light breeze. But that's down here in Cornwall, move the Test to Taunton everyone knows the west country had the best of the sun.

Burgey

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ffs the top ten batsmen worldwide has 3 kiwis in it. And Khawaja is rated 26th at the moment despite his entirely awful year. Let's face it, batting hasn't been this bad since the 80s.

vcs

It's a zero sum game, though. Are the batsmen really poor or are the bowling attacks really good, world wide?

Burgey

It can be both

The current crop of batsmen mostly grew up in the 2000s which was the ultimate hit through the line decade

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Weather update here, is that things are much drier and brighter, for now. What a glorious place we live in!