• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in West Indies 2019

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scoring rate was going nowhere which was weird given the match situation. They could probably have declared on zero and still had enough to win. Just about batting long enough to give Bumrah and co. enough rest, I suppose.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Scoring rate was going nowhere which was weird given the match situation. They could probably have declared on zero and still had enough to win. Just about batting long enough to give Bumrah and co. enough rest, I suppose.
Yeah I think time is more helpful than runs, just for recovery. If windies can chase this down - it’ll be an epic performance worth watching and all the best luck to them.

Last edited:

Burner

International Regular
KL Rahul has become painful to watch. Do India really have no one else lined up other than Shaw?

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Although he is absolutely massive, you can't imagine Cornwall's match fitness is that bad considering how much FC cricket he plays and how many overs he bowls. More about preserving the rest of his career I guess. Has he generally struggled with weight loss in the past or has he not really tried that hard to lose it?

srbhkshk

International Captain
Weird declaration imo, if you are gonna need 2 days to bowl WI out they probably get the target anyway.

Bijed

International Regular
Weird declaration imo, if you are gonna need 2 days to bowl WI out they probably get the target anyway.
Is there rain forecast? Cricinfo comments keep describing the declaration as 'delayed', whereas, as you say, it seems too early rather than too late

srbhkshk

International Captain
Is there rain forecast? Cricinfo comments keep describing the declaration as 'delayed', whereas, as you say, it seems too early rather than too late
Apparently there is, in which case it seems to be a decent decision. Although (it's probably gonna sound weird) I have sort of always had the opinion that you shouldn't consider these things in the gameplan.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don’t know how you can describe a declaration as too early when it would take the highest run chase in Teat match history to win. Not only would it take the highest run chase, it would be the second highest fourth innings score of all time (second to the timeless Test in 1939...)...

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Cornwall carrying all that weight can't be good for his knees. Or his heart. I mean, great if he gets the job done and doesn't feel like too much of a broken wheel in the side, but surely Windies Cricket have to put him on some kind of regimen?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Although he is absolutely massive, you can't imagine Cornwall's match fitness is that bad considering how much FC cricket he plays and how many overs he bowls. More about preserving the rest of his career I guess. Has he generally struggled with weight loss in the past or has he not really tried that hard to lose it?
He's actually lost a fair bit of weight in the last year or so, believe it or not.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't think there was any harm in adding another 50-odd runs and making it absolutely safe. At the rate at which they were going, it wouldn't have taken more than 5-6 overs anyway.

Bijed

International Regular
I don’t know how you can describe a declaration as too early when it would take the highest run chase in Teat match history to win. Not only would it take the highest run chase, it would be the second highest fourth innings score of all time (second to the timeless Test in 1939...)...
Yeah sorry. didn't mean early as in "they've left the door ajar there, could come back to bite them", more that I didn't think that the timing actually gave them extra time to bowl WI out as if they're not all out by late-ish on the final day, they've probably got the target anyway (not that they'll get close). But if there is rain, the timing of the declaration makes more sense.

Tbf to srbhkshk, I get what he means if forecasts of rain are actually more like 'possibility of showers'