• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, what a cracking session that was. Australia spent most of it bowling lollies to kids with no arms, but it was great to see 6 wickets fall. 2 more quick ones after lunch would be nice. Followed by 2 more quick ones after that.

And Ian Botham on to chat during lunch. He'll be choking on his microphone.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Well, what a cracking session that was. Australia spent most of it bowling lollies to kids with no arms, but it was great to see 6 wickets fall. 2 more quick ones after lunch would be nice. Followed by 2 more quick ones after that.

And Ian Botham on to chat during lunch. He'll be choking on his microphone.
Botham doesn't care about cricket. He was in Spain during the World Cup Final and well pissed off when they interrupted it for a reaction after it was over.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The obvious choice would be a shocking look, wouldn’t he? And it might be too much anyway. Didn’t sit well with flintoff or Botham
Broad's a far more experienced cricketer than Botham when he was captain. Both of the above's track records reflect who their opponents were. Flintoff did OK as skipper apart from the 2006-07 series.

Referring to other people's comments, Broad's not an all-rounder anyway.

I'm not generally in favour of bowlers being captains, but maybe Broad would be a decent short-term option.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Broad's a far more experienced cricketer than Botham when he was captain. Both of the above's track records reflect who their opponents were. Flintoff did OK as skipper apart from the 2006-07 series.

I'm not generally in favour of bowlers being captains, but maybe Broad would be a decent short-term option.
I think he was referring to Stokes.

Burgey

You know I meant Stokes, yeah?

Uppercut

Bowlers that are old enough to be captains tend to miss a good few games. Though it’s still surprising that bowler captains are quite as rare as they are.

Neptune

State Vice-Captain
I guess that Australian fan who said we were going to get bowled out for less than 100 was right. All we can do now is hope that the tail saves us, but the way the Aussies are bowling so far we have no chance.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Used to think bowlers hardly ever being captain was just cricket's elitism (and I think it's probably still a factor) but I've bowled more overs this season and realised it's pretty hard to concentrate on team tactics and motivating other players when you're bowling long spells. It's so much easier to just go down to deep square and relax between overs. That said I think either Broad or Jimmy would embrace it for a year or two.

Compton

International Debutant
Potentially compounding England’s woes is that they may just get all-out in time for Australia to cash-in on the best batting conditions of the match.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Fairly typical Headingley morning conditions wise. Now would be the best time to bat having got through the new ball with 1 or max 2 wickets down.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I can be obtuse tbf
There's an acute joke somewhere in there, but I cba to look for it.

Oh well done England, leg side catch first ball after the break. Just get out of the ****ing way of those mate.

Last edited: