• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Smith came back out with a ****ing brain injury in the last Test and still took a smarter approach than some of these ****s. FMD.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In all seriousness, who have you got to replace him? Cook survived a 5-0.
Yeah that's the problem. The only other Top 6 player that is secure is Stokes and him as captain would be a terrible image. Woakes isn't secure and Broad would be a disaster waiting to happen in the DRS era.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This pitch actually has some pace in it. Though the bounce has been a lot more consistent than the first two so far.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Sooner we lose and sack Root the better.
A mate of mine who isn't a Surrey supporter reckons that Burns will be captaining the side next summer. Quite why anyone would dump this on Rory is beyond me, but he may have a point. At least Burns has some captaincy experience, and not being captain may make a difference to Root's batting.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Archer said he was looking forward to putting his feet up. Someone on Twitter told him to get the pads on and keep his arms loose. I think it was meant to be in jest at the time.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Both need replacing though. When you think we used to criticise Strauss and Cook, they were like Brearley in comparison to Root and Paine.
For all the criticism of Strauss, he'd be close to the best captain worldwide if he was playing today. At the very least he struck me as an excellent leader and while he was conservative tactically he didn't come across as inept. Kind of like Misbah for example who I'd consider a good captain.