• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

MrPrez

International Debutant
Those are two awesome deals for Arsenal imo.

Spurs going nuts, it appears. Sessegnon, Dybala, Fernandes, and Lo Celso all on the table. Which would total 150 mil+ whatever Fernandes costs.

Of course, almost certainly won't see all of the deals happening. But surely means Eriksen is gone.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought building a new **** off stadium would cripple them for a decade? Guess not....

MrPrez

International Debutant
I thought building a new **** off stadium would cripple them for a decade? Guess not....
To be fair, they're probably set to get a bucketload of cash for Eriksen, which they are probably preemptively spending.

Would be surprised if we even see two of Dybala, Fernandes, and Lo Celso signed tbh. All seem to be replacements for Eriksen and I doubt two of them would make a starting XI at the same time - which given the prices being discussed would make one of them a 55mil+ benchwarmer.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To be fair, they're probably set to get a bucketload of cash for Eriksen, which they are probably preemptively spending.

Would be surprised if we even see two of Dybala, Fernandes, and Lo Celso signed tbh. All seem to be replacements for Eriksen and I doubt two of them would make a starting XI at the same time - which given the prices being discussed would make one of them a 55mil+ benchwarmer.
Can't see Eriksen leaving unless Levy breaks the habit of a lifetime and lets him go for 25m~. Will get far better wages at a far better club if he waits a year.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Why would they get buckets of cash for Eriksen?

He's admitted he wants to move on, his contract runs out in a year. Spurs are in a really poor negotiating position to demand stupid money for him, and of the club's that could afford silly money, there isn't really the room for him.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Why would they get buckets of cash for Eriksen?

He's admitted he wants to move on, his contract runs out in a year. Spurs are in a really poor negotiating position to demand stupid money for him, and of the club's that could afford silly money, there isn't really the room for him.
Yeah bucketload is probably an overstatement. But enough to mostly cover at least one of those guys.

Niall

International Coach
Not sure why Arsenal are after Luiz,,,yes elite managers rate him and he has always been pretty steady in his hugely successful career, but don't they know twitter think is he **** mainly due to his stupid hair...:mellow:

Crap jokes side, I think Arsenal after the summer are ahead of United, Leicester, Chelsea and a drunk Everton (rojo?) when it comes to getting a top 4 slot.

flibbertyjibber

Arsenal win deadline day, to get Tierney and Luiz in and make a profit by selling Iwobi who wouldn't get a game is very good business.

Uppercut

Useful player but Everton is more his level imo. Couldn’t turn down such a generous fee.

Meanwhile a deal for us to sell Rojo apparently fell through over the transfer fee. Woodward.

Niall

International Coach
Useful player but Everton is more his level imo. Couldn’t turn down such a generous fee.

Meanwhile a deal for us to sell Rojo apparently fell through over the transfer fee. Woodward.
https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status/1159495539282632705

Rojo and Darmien might still end up at some European side who should know better. Poga and De Gea must be looking at the signings this summer and thinking wtf.

Realistically United need new owners to fix the shambles of a squad that they have.

Does Ole last this season?

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status/1159495539282632705

Rojo and Darmien might still end up at some European side who should know better. Poga and De Gea must be looking at the signings this summer and thinking wtf.

Realistically United need new owners to fix the shambles of a squad that they have.

Does Ole last this season?
Another top 4 miss means an Adidas penalty apparently. His rebuild with youth approach will take time. As a fan I’m ok with that. Woodward and the Glazers?

With the lack of deadwood shifting he will need balls to play youth while leaving guys earning lots on the bench or out of the squad.