• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Didn't bother me. He burnt his bridges a long time ago. Thanks for the 9 years and bleh.

Niall

International Coach
Not good enough that transfer window from Utd. Defensively good signings, but midfield and attacking wise lacking hugely and little effort made to address those issues other than a punt on a championship wildcard...no deadwood sold either.

I think City and Pool will finish top 2 and Spurs third. 4th will be a dogfight, Chelsea, Arsenal and United all around the same level and its not impossible that someone like Leicester or even Everton might nick 4th or at least break up the top 6.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So today's rumour is David Luiz the Gunner

There is something about the randomness and ridiculousness of a new player being linked every day that I am finding really amusing

Daresay most of it is balls though

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Reported fee is £8m. I'd happily take it tbh.
Same.

Tierney deal nearly done as well apparently.

If they seal him and Luiz it'll have been a great window.

By which I mean I'd have bitten your hand off for it about 2-3 months ago

Pothas

Arsenal fans, know anything about Dominic Thompson?

I don't really believe this thing that it is a way of getting Tierney with Celtic buying Rico Henry from Brentford but suppose you never know.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Would seem odd for him to be signed to go straight into the first team, given his lack of any real experience at any level, so hopefully that's the case

Meanwhile the Celtic meltdown on twitter over Tierney is glorious

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The rage and sheer disbelief that Tierney would want to move to Arsenal rather than stay at the European powerhouse Celtic is highly amusing

Some people seem to find it literally inconceivable that anyone would want to do this, it's amazing

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Arsenal fans, know anything about Dominic Thompson?

I don't really believe this thing that it is a way of getting Tierney with Celtic buying Rico Henry from Brentford but suppose you never know.
A lot of our youngsters are getting hyped these days (probably because it might be the only non bleak thing about our future) but I've genuinely never heard of him.

Doesn't mean he can't be good obviously. I guess defenders are the least likely to get hyped, though Bellerin had a decent amount.

Pothas

Well we do kind of assume anyone we buy is going to be good at this stage but sounds rather more like one of our B team signings.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So today's rumour is David Luiz the Gunner

There is something about the randomness and ridiculousness of a new player being linked every day that I am finding really amusing

Daresay most of it is balls though
Luiz looks like it'll happen. Rare for a transfer to suit all three parties so well. Him and Tierney would wrap up a very respectable window for Arsenal.

Spurs look to be shaping up for one of their legendary deadline days too. I think Dybala might well happen.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Arsenal dealing late is no shock. Everton are the funny one. Bids left right and centre today. Looks panic buying to me.

duffer

Per Ornstein:

Arsenal have reached an agreement with Chelsea to sign centre-back David Luiz for £8m. 32yo Brazil international will sign a 2yr contract. Deal for Celtic left-back Kieran Tierney 5yrs, fee £25m. Medicals today ahead of putting pen to paper before 5pm deadline #AFC #CFC #CelticFc