• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Excellent bowler Cummins but the Aussie posters on here do tend to overrate him a tad, I feel.
He's mostly outstanding but even he's not prone to getting tired. I think that's where his worst performances have tended to come.

The other problem is that his natural length is amazing for Australian pitches but too short for the Northern Hemisphere, especially if it's a bit flat.

wrongun

Banned
Excellent bowler Cummins but the Aussie posters on here do tend to overrate him a tad, I feel.
He’s not over rated at all. Ever since he came back in Dharamsala he’s been excellent but guilty of not bowling full when required. Tbh he was an excellent foil for Starc.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's mostly outstanding but even he's not prone to getting tired. I think that's where his worst performances have tended to come.

The other problem is that his natural length is amazing for Australian pitches but too short for the Northern Hemisphere, especially if it's a bit flat.
I think he's a bit tactically one shot. Just hammers on that length. He's forgotten how to swing the ball and doesn't try any other variations that I've seen him produce before.

wrongun

Banned
Only Smith and Stokes have done anything in the first half of the next match that any of the world cup players have played. Might just be a telling stat that all the players from WC are mentally drained.

Ofcourse...you’re right. They are human after all but Cummins has been sub par throughout the WC too

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Since his comeback, I've found him rather 'samey-samey', he just runs in and bowls into the pitch, but he doesn't swing the ball or have any variety really, and is incapable of bowling yorkers.

Against India, I though our whole attack rather listless and lifeless, like they were hoping that by running in and banging it on a length, they would get a wicket through sheer persistence. None of them seemed to actually put any thought into it, or make plans and study the opposition.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!

He doesn't seem very well suited to the pitch, and possibly English conditions in general.