• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Ireland in England 2019

Groundking

International Debutant
That's not much different at all to his career average to be fair. It seems like he's just become slightly more consistent and accurate at the expense of some potency and match-changing ability, which is fairly normal for a fast bowler in his 30s. It's not an exaggerated change either.

More worrying is the fact that he's bowling visibly **** in this game. I don't think those stats are particularly damning really.
But fairly far away from his peak 2011-2016 where he averaged 26.07 and had a S/R of 53.1. He's just not threatening anymore as shown by his S/R since 2016 being 66.7 (now) vs 56.4 before then.

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
What does this even mean?
That sometimes political decisions outweigh the sporting ones.
The very same decision that almost cost England the World Cup.
Finally the prospect of an early World Cup exit forced the hand back towards sporting sense.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How tall is Sammy Curran. He looks shrimpy but I can't tell if it's short for a quick bowler or actually short

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
Lol. Could also have been related to how Moeen is just seen as a star now based on his success a few years ago and is deemed undroppable. Like why Starc will never be dropped from tests even if he deserves to be

Starc was on way too many TV ads last summer for someone of his test ability. He's got the golden ticket
Calm down buddy. Don't you know facts are the snowflakes kryptonite?

?

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
Lots of people support minnows as a point of principle tbf
I thought that was mainly just a British thing? On my travels I've noticed there seems to be much more of this Glory Hunter syndrome elsewhere. Particularly in Asia.

People have put their Man Utd tops in the bottom draw for now.