• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Ireland in England 2019

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought the only quota in the England team was the Saffer quota, here filled by Roy.
Lol. Could also have been related to how Moeen is just seen as a star now based on his success a few years ago and is deemed undroppable. Like why Starc will never be dropped from tests even if he deserves to be

Starc was on way too many TV ads last summer for someone of his test ability. He's got the golden ticket

Groundking

International Debutant
When you consider that Anderson's averaging like 8 or something that is kinda crap.
Very crap, Anderson has had 30 @ 9.37

CC2 tho tbf, but still, Broad is finished imo, but he won't get dropped because he's an established player. Nice to see him wasting the new ball again :laugh:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
When you consider that Anderson's averaging like 8 or something that is kinda crap.
Tough comparison because Anderson's in Division 2.

Gregory has 44 wickets @ 13 I suppose, but Division 1 in general has been much higher scoring, even ignoring the overall quality gap.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Broad's been rather poo for a while now I think, though he still produces a killer spell or two once every 3-4 Tests.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah they're fewer and farther between now, obviously. Still remember one good spell in each of his last two series (I think they were 4-fors though).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That's not much different at all to his career average to be fair. It seems like he's just become slightly more consistent and accurate at the expense of some potency and match-changing ability, which is fairly normal for a fast bowler in his 30s. It's not an exaggerated change either.

More worrying is the fact that he's bowling visibly **** in this game. I don't think those stats are particularly damning really.