• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Ireland in England 2019

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i wonder if it's a Wisden Almanack list that has randomly been used as a base
Nah it's actually pulling from a database of matches; just most of the matches in the 20th century aren't in it for some reason. So I think morgie is right.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i'm actually surprised pews even found that list. how do you locate it on espncricinfo

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This Thompson guy looks trash when you're considering what damage Murtagh and Rankin are doing. I guess the latter two were long term high-quality county players though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
can thompson bat?
Yeah he probably regards it as his stronger suit. He bats four domestically and has batted in the top six for Ireland in other formats.

Still a stupid selection though, especially when McBrine and Adair are playing as bowlers too. I ranted about it in their first Test against Pakistan but he shut me up with a couple of absolute jaffas amongst his slow-medium half volleys.

tanglewood

Cricket Spectator
Have England ever lost their first test against another country? Other than Australia in the first ever test match obviously.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah he probably regards it as his stronger suit. He bats four domestically and has batted in the top six for Ireland in other formats.

Still a stupid selection though, especially when McBrine and Adair are playing as bowlers too. I ranted about it in their first Test against Pakistan but he shut me up with a couple of absolute jaffas amongst his slow-medium half volleys.
yea i think i remember him now as the guy ruining murtaghs good work