• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
they were absolutely fine until boult came back. then, yeah, they struggled, but there was no problem keeping up with rrr, which is the only thing that matters in a chase
Spark, you're kidding yourself a bit here.

ajdude

International Coach
so at what point do we all agree that the quality of matches where nz are in cwc semi finals = quality of matches where hawthorn are in prelim finals

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
New Zealand's world cup campaign has been kinda similar to Liverpool's CL campaign last year

Nearly down and out but beating the odds and triumphing against the most heavily favored side in the tournament

Shame that they will be playing much superior sides in the final though. They are a smart and hardworking team but I just feel they lack that X Factor , you know like an elite game changer like a Butler, Stokes etc of that ilk to get them over the line. If Kane doesn't score, they struggle. Can't rely on one elite batsmen to win world cups.

Flem274*

123/5
hey are a smart and hardworking team but I just feel they lack that X Factor , you know like an elite game changer like a Butler, Stokes etc of that ilk to get them over the line. If Kane doesn't score, they struggle. Can't rely on one elite batsmen to win world cups.
cheers mark nicholas, enjoy your flight home

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Commiserations to India fans. Some pretty gracious comments here from the India crew, and from Kohli himself in the post-match interview.

Amazing innings from Jadeja, hit sixes on a wicket almost noone else did and was the bravest batsman on display all match.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
New Zealand's world cup campaign has been kinda similar to Liverpool's CL campaign last year

Nearly down and out but beating the odds and triumphing against the most heavily favored side in the tournament

Shame that they will be playing much superior sides in the final though. They are a smart and hardworking team but I just feel they lack that X Factor , you know like an elite game changer like a Butler, Stokes etc of that ilk to get them over the line. If Kane doesn't score, they struggle. Can't rely on one elite batsmen to win world cups.
Or you can think they've had three middling batting performances on the trot and this win would inject some momentum on the big day.

Meridio

International Regular
NZ player ratings for today:

Guptill: 10/10, what a fielder and did so well to face 14 balls from Bumrah & Kumar.
Nicholls: 10/10, good thinking to get out when he did to bring Ross in.
KW: 10/10 wafg
Taylor: 10/10 wafg
Latham: 10/10 best keeper in the WC
Neesham: 10/10 best allrounder ever
CDG: 10/10 strike rate over 100, gave us great impetus.
Santner: 10/10 showed them mugs Chahal and Jadeja how to bowl spin.
Henry: 10/10 best opening spell ever seen.
Boult: 10/10 equal best opening spell ever plus best death over ever
Ferguson: 10/10 he bowls fasssssttt

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
This is difficult... i don't know who I'd rather face.

Our best chance is against England, but if we lose to them ****... I'm scared ****less of being the team that gives England a WC.

Aus are almost a given to beat us and win another WC...

Last edited: