• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

IKWT

Cricket Spectator
Yes boi!

One hell of an upset. We're going to give Australia/England hell in the final.

In Kane we trust.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
First good game from us in the tournament and we're in the Final lol

India got to be shattered, probably already were thinking about the Final.

Hope Aus wins so we can run back 2015, if we're the team to give England their first WC I'll never be able to live it down.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Congrat's NZ. This is India's first WC knock-out loss that made me really happy. Not only because I won my bet money but also because India needed to taste this for awful strategies. If not playing Mayank and sending Pant at 4 throughout the tourney weren't enough they also topped it in the semi by dropping Shami FFS. Heads must roll. Shastri must be kicked out, and Rohit must be made the ODI captain - although I doubt my 2nd wish would be granted unless Kohli sacrifices captaincy himself like Sachin.
Well said. Also, I really can't stand Kohli being part of 2 WC victories. Most undeserving after being so **** poor in knockouts.

cnerd123

likes this
interesting how this thread immediately has decided that it's the bloke who got 50 who is to blame for india losing and not, y'know, being 90/6
yea not MSD's fault India lost. Wasn't a great innings, but he hung around there while Jadeja almost dragged us back in. That's pretty good in of itself.

NZ were just excellent in the first hour. Ross and Kane's partnership very good in hindsight. Ensured they had something to bowl to. If they had taken more risks NZ could have been defending just 180 or something.

You could attribute blame to India's Top 3, but honestly getting out early is always likely when facing quality new ball bowling. It's not like they played dumb shots. They just weren't good enough. India's over-reliance on the top order is what really cost them. They had 4 years and failed to cultivate a proper middle order, and this was always on the cards. By the time MSD came in to bat, the game was lost. His hanging in there allowed Jadeja to play that blinder, and deserves credit for that.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Ha congrats NZ. Take that India. Learn to stay humble Indian fans. On almost every cricket related website, indian fans talking about their invincible team, how they'd cruise this match; very insulting stuff as far as NZ is concerned. Then this happens. Love it. Hope nz can do more of the same in the finals!!!
So you come to the one website where that doesn't happen to vent? Makes a lot of sense.

Well done, NZ. Show up on Sunday.

Spark

Global Moderator
Blame doesn't need to be exclusively laid at the feet of one bloke but you're kidding yourself if you think he wasnt crap.
they were absolutely fine until boult came back. then, yeah, they struggled, but there was no problem keeping up with rrr, which is the only thing that matters in a chase

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
anyway what a ****ing game. didn't post because i was packing, but that dhoni/jadeja partnership was near-perfect until boult came back
But if Dhoni had scored at a reasonable rate then Jadeja wouldn't have felt the need to play a big shot against Boult.

Groundking

International Debutant
That has to go down as one of the worse knocks in a WC chase in history from Dhoni surely? Just what was he thinking throughout the chase?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow this feels utterly surreal.

NZ haven't been anywhere near their best all WC and then pull that bowling/fielding performance out when it mattered most.

Some jitters at the end, but that was due to an incredibly courageous performance from Jadeja. Man I feel for him, and even more so than Dhoni.

Incredible cricket, assuming that was just as unreal for neutrals.

Hard luck Indian fans, I genuinely thought that side could go all the way.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Is Rohit gonna be back in 4 years when he 36
That is an age when reflexes slow down and eyesight diminishes. Being there, I can vouch for that. Hard to see him there, but that being a subcontinent WC, it is not out of the realms of possibility.

Spark

Global Moderator
But if Dhoni had scored at a reasonable rate then Jadeja wouldn't have felt the need to play a big shot against Boult.
he did that because the RRR was spiking because boult and henry had bowled one-and-a-half overs back to back, not because of dhoni's strike rate.

only RRR matters.