• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

25th Match - New Zealand v South Africa

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With Rabada, Tahir, and Ngidi in this match, we can possibly defend 270 here. Would be a tough one, but doable.
Won't need 270 or anything like it. Look how hard it is to time the ball on this deck.

Burgey

Guys like Chris Morris aren't ideal bowlers on a slow pitch though.
Neither is a bloke like Ferguson or someone like Henry. But they've both done a job today.

SA should get 230 from here, which is under but not massively imho given the conditions. All depends whether their bowlers can adapt.

Plus, all NZers are used to slow, turgid, moist surroundings. They're favourites for sure, but SA not out of it completely I reckon.

Last edited:

MrPrez

International Debutant
Guys like Chris Morris aren't ideal bowlers on a slow pitch though.
Morris isn't an ideal bowler on any pitch. Phehlukwayo is well-suited, though. And guys like Rabada, Tahir, and Ngidi are (theoretically) good enough that they should just do well regardless of pitch. Certainly enough for pace bowlers based on some of the performances by NZ today.

Also re: 270, Burgey, I'm not watching either as I'm at work so I can't comment on that.

Burgey

Comms are repeatedly saying how well NZ has fielded, but their throwing has been complete **** for the most part. Couple of genuine custard arms in the deep, and no one has hit a stump despite plenty of chances.

Burgey

Morris isn't an ideal bowler on any pitch. Phehlukwayo is well-suited, though. And guys like Rabada, Tahir, and Ngidi are (theoretically) good enough that they should just do well regardless of pitch. Certainly enough for pace bowlers based on some of the performances by NZ today.

Also re: 270, Burgey, I'm not watching either as I'm at work so I can't comment on that.
Fair enough, but why don't you people occupy senior positions which allow you to live str**m the matches to your desktop while other people do the work ffs?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Comms are repeatedly saying how well NZ has fielded, but their throwing has been complete **** for the most part. Couple of genuine custard arms in the deep, and no one has hit a stump despite plenty of chances.
Yeah been absolutely shocking IMO

trundler

Fair enough, but why don't you people occupy senior positions which allow you to live str**m the matches to your desktop while other people do the work ffs?
Or be freshly out of highschool without any ambitions

trundler

Or be freshly out of highschool without any ambitions

trundler

I am now thinking of bowlers who could exploit thks pitch very well. Mustafizur maybe. Not thinking of guys like Starc who can do it anywhere.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Probably because I'm 24 :laugh:

I actually could stream it but something's wonky with our local sports ********* platform and as a result they're not running it. And I cbf finding an alternative.