• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

25th Match - New Zealand v South Africa

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Good performance from NZ, Kane's got the bowling changes spot on thus far. Hopefully Afghan slayer Neesham will not be needed.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
not watching the match, just following on cricinfo - so take it back if it's a genuine minefield
Fair play.

It's not a minefield, but there's a bit in it. It's not jagging or hooping every ball, but it's done enough to put a bit of doubt in the minds f hte batsmen, and NZ has bowled well. I think they were right to be cautious up front - Boult's record in the first ten is very good, so I can't blame a side which has struggled with the cue for being careful against him. Ideally you'd never let deG get away with the sort of stuff he bowls, but hte conditions have been perfect for him and he's bowled well. Amla going was a massive blow, He needed to bat through if htey were to get something over 250-260. Can't see it happening now.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CdG has really exceeded expectation although SA have played negatively, especial against Santner

halba

International 12th Man
The SA batting has the confidence of the U13B side at the moment.... they not taking chances. Markram is normally a very aggressive player, and SA should be going at more than 4.5 but this is not going to happen now. I am just wishful thinking that Markram, Dussen and Miller somehow start striking the ball really well and we can score 150+ in the last ten...
completely agree. as a long time SAF fan, im shattered how listless the side has been all tournament. Listless is the correct terminology.

SAF playing with less intent that the Afghans and the Banglas have shown towards top teams..says something really.

But when SAF played afghans and banglas recently they hammered them. makes no sense.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Fair play.

It's not a minefield, but there's a bit in it. It's not jagging or hooping every ball, but it's done enough to put a bit of doubt in the minds f hte batsmen, and NZ has bowled well. I think they were right to be cautious up front - Boult's record in the first ten is very good, so I can't blame a side which has struggled with the cue for being careful against him. Ideally you'd never let deG get away with the sort of stuff he bowls, but hte conditions have been perfect for him and he's bowled well. Amla going was a massive blow, He needed to bat through if htey were to get something over 250-260. Can't see it happening now.
What's par on this pitch you think? I mean the way they are playing will be fair only if par was below 250. In a must-win game with so many wickets left, they must go after a score above par.

MrPrez

International Debutant
I don't want to jinx it but this would be a great opportunity for Markram to make himself known in ODIs with a big innings. It's set up very nicely for him.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I don't want to jinx it but this would be a great opportunity for Markram to make himself known in ODIs with a big innings. It's set up very nicely for him.
He always looks good for his first 40-60 runs doesn't he?