• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2019

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Some feel that ashwin delayed his action to allow buttler the chance to leave his ground and that buttler was in his ground when he expected the ball to be released. If it was a deliberate delay, that would be unfair and against the spirit of cricket. Ashwin claims this not to be the case."
Well that's just clearly a lie lol

Burgey

I don't want non-strikers trying what Buttler did every third ball.
He didn’t try anything ffs

Anyone saying Buttler was careless/ should have been watching Ashwin’s hand up to the point he was run out has fair dinkum never played cricket

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

The law needs to be changed. You can't have such ambiguity.
Probably will be, not that it should have needed to though. It should be common sense not to pretend to be bowling the ball, then wait for the batsman to leave the crease, then run them out.

Borges

International Regular
The law needs to be changed. You can't have such ambiguity.
The MCC wording "it was understandable how he opted to give Buttler out" suggests to me that the MCC would have been happier if Oxenford had ruled it as not out.
But they do admit that there is a question of interpretation.

The umpire probably went by what the MCC had said while explaining the law:
"The message to the non-striker is very clear – if you do not want to risk being run out, stay within your ground until the bowler has released the ball."

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Which is legalise for "with hindsight we think Ahswin's a liar, and acted against the spirit of cricket, but the 3rd ump made a different call on the day".
I think it also means "Ashwin is an unfit fat bastard." Don't think you have interpreted it fully.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Oh, and thanks for reporting my post btw. Probably the only post I have ever made supporting you, but ok.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You and I are done, asshole. Don't reply to me.
True though this undoubtedly is, this is unacceptable from a moderator and not the first time I've seen him throw insults about either.

Harsh must be immediately fired by Prince EWS for this.

I will not be following any moderator instructions issued by harsh from this day forwards as I no longer acknowledge him as a moderator.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Lol, and now, no doubt afraid of being infracted himself, weld one edits his post to remove the insult. 10/10.