• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Ahmad Zahir

Banned
What happened to Pucovski? Why isn't he playing cricket these days? These youngsters need to grow a skin like Pakistani cricketers who are almost everyday in their lives are scrutinised by the media and still keep on playing for decades.

markjohnconley

Cricket Spectator
So disappointed with India's 'go slow' tactics to secure the series rather than having a go at the win.
They are so superior in the batting dept.
No wonder Test cricket is losing its popularity

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
The contrast between Pant & Dhoni as bats in Oz in Tests is quite surprising.

Dhoni was hyped up as some major threat whenever he toured Oz but was largely a major disappointment; only reached 25 four times in 9 Tests with only a solitary half-century.

In contrast, Pant seemed to be characterised as a wild and wooly slugger by some comms early in this series. But his temperament has improved as the series has gone along, looks to have a good defense, reached 25 in every innings and now a massive ton.

Certainly looks the most capable Indian keeper/batsman I can recall to tour Oz; remember when they had not only the likes of MSK Prasad, but actually opening the batting for a Test?

Arachnodouche

International Captain
So disappointed with India's 'go slow' tactics to secure the series rather than having a go at the win.
They are so superior in the batting dept.
No wonder Test cricket is losing its popularity
Not to feed the troll, but in days gone by, Indian captains would've let Pant complete his double before declaring.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Dhoni was hyped up as some major threat whenever he toured Oz but was largely a major disappointment; only reached 25 four times in 9 Tests with only a solitary half-century.

In contrast, Pant seemed to be characterised as a wild and wooly slugger by some comms early in this series. But his temperament has improved as the series has gone along, looks to have a good defense, reached 25 in every innings and now a massive ton.

Certainly looks the most capable Indian keeper/batsman I can recall to tour Oz; remember when they had not only the likes of MSK Prasad, but actually opening the batting for a Test?
He reminds me a bit of early Partiv Patel. Similar story too because Patel made an unbeaten SCG ton in 2004 in very similar circumstances (coming in late, tired attack).

I think Pant will go further than Patel did though, but his keeping needs a lot of work

edit: actually Patel didn't make a ton that game, made a very quick 60

Last edited:

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Australia won’t reach the levels of sustained decline which WI have, if no other reason than there’s a **** load of dough in the sport which can be invested into all of the things you raise. It isnt that there are no well-funded structures in play, it’s that the priorities within those structures are, at least from where I’m sitting, way out of whack.
West Indies are the current World Champions in one of the three formats of cricket, which is more than Australia is atm.

Arachnodouche

International Captain

Yeah, he makes good shapes while batting. Only looks chancy when he's throwing the bat around.

vcs

He reminds me a bit of early Partiv Patel. Similar story too because Patel made an unbeaten SCG ton in 2004 in very similar circumstances (coming in late, tired attack).

I think Pant will go further than Patel did though, but his keeping needs a lot of work
Patel never made a ton, probably a 50 or so at best.

This ton from Pant was as down-hill skiing as down-hill skiing gets, after all the hard work put in by Pujara, but still an extremely valuable knock.

TheJediBrah

West Indies are the current World Champions in one of the three formats of cricket, which is more than Australia is atm.
Might want to check up on that . . .

Patel never made a ton, probably a 50 or so at best.

This ton from Pant was as down-hill skiing as down-hill skiing gets, after all the hard work put in by Pujara, but still an extremely valuable knock.
Yeah i realised that and edited straight away

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Maxwell could've been the next Symonds but Smith and Lehmann were too interested in making an example of him, because he didn't fit in with the boy's club.

Now they basically have a lineup of batsmen with no talent

markjohnconley

Cricket Spectator
A 'troll' am I, sorry.
I must have been watching the wrong game.
Which of the three statements is controversial, just to clarify for future omission?

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Maxwell could've been the next Symonds but Smith and Lehmann were too interested in making an example of him, because he didn't fit in with the boy's club.

Now they basically have a lineup of batsmen with no talent.
Interesting comparison as Symonds was given a lot of ODI chances early in his career to much criticism until he delivered bigtime in the 03 WC.

and he could've easily been jettisoned after mishaps on the 2005 England tour but Ponting showed a lot of faith in him and he played a lot of good cricket afterwards.

For whatever reason, Maxwell hasn't had anybody in a leadership position who had any real faith in him as an all format player.

TheJediBrah

Now they basically have a lineup of batsmen with no talent
First thing I've ever seen you post that wasn't pure biased trash

It's still typically anti-Australian, but it's accurate

quincywagstaff

International Debutant

edit: actually Patel didn't make a ton that game, made a very quick 60
From what I recall of Patel, his technique back then was much more loose and vulnerable to certain types of bowling. Pant's technique looks pretty solid.

TheJediBrah

A 'troll' am I, sorry.
I must have been watching the wrong game.
Which of the three statements is controversial, just to clarify for future omission?
I think calling you a troll was a bit harsh.

Basically your suggestion that India scoring slowly was a negative tactic and that they didn't go for the win is garbage. They made 622 in under 2 days and 300 on day 1, which is quicker than a lot of Test scores. Also they declared before stumps day 2 so they clearly are still going for a win and not just a draw.