• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Spark

Global Moderator
RIP Australian cricket. 1886-2018. Here lie the ashes of a once proud cricket nation. Destroyed by their own hubris at the belief that the moral superiority gained by pointlessly banning two star batsmen was better than actual results.
the gerard whateleyisation of australian cricket

Tom Flint

International Regular
Body language, attitude on field etc. Would never think that they had just taken a wicket, no pressure being applied.
It's because they now know that when they are struggling for wickets on a flat pitch they can no longer get the ball to reverse like they used to.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
RIP Australian cricket. 1886-2018. Here lie the ashes of a once proud cricket nation. Destroyed by their own hubris at the belief that the moral superiority gained by pointlessly banning two star batsmen was better than actual results.
I don't think it is this depressing. Once Smith and Warner are back, Aus will be a good/very good team. Mitch and Shaun Marsh need to be shown the door permanently. Starc needs to be more accountable. Also need to find a replacement for an ageing Paine.

Also, Pujara made Aussie bowling look worse than it was. Good old fashioned batting so missing these days.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
The problem was with the tactics. For some reason Lyon was bowling to a leg side field instead of trying to make the batsmen drive him. The pacemen were trying to continually bounce them out to a leg side field.

Being at the ground today really helped with seeing how poor an idea it was

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think it is this depressing. Once Smith and Warner are back, Aus will be a good/very good team. Mitch and Shaun Marsh need to be shown the door permanently. Starc needs to be more accountable. Also need to find a replacement for an ageing Paine.

Also, Pujara made Aussie bowling look worse than it was. Good old fashioned batting so missing these days.
Warner and Steve definitely 'paper' over some of the cracks with Australian cricket but the state of affairs here is quite concerning

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbf they did well in Adelaide and Perth. Melbourne was really really flat on day 1 and this is a pancake too. They could've done significantly better tho.
Please explain using your sixteen year old wisdom precisely how they could have.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I'd be more worried with how toothless their bowling can look given even a modicum of application from batsmen. Granted, there aren't too many Pujaras going around, but they appear lost for ideas when someone's willing to drop anchor.

Burgey

The problem was with the tactics. For some reason Lyon was bowling to a leg side field instead of trying to make the batsmen drive him. The pacemen were trying to continually bounce them out to a leg side field.

Being at the ground today really helped with seeing how poor an idea it was
Was a great idea. Did you want them to make 3/420 in the day by bowling full on a flat deck? They’ve bowled too full to Kohli all series.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Has there been any visiting batsman in history who scored 3 centuries in 3 different test matches in the same series in Australia all for winning causes?

Burgey

It's because they now know that when they are struggling for wickets on a flat pitch they can no longer get the ball to reverse like they used to.
If what you’re saying is right, and frankly I think it’s bull****, it’s probably got a lot more to do with then knowing that if they roll a side for 350 it’s about 110 too many for their own batsmen.

Australia’s bowling has been fine all series. Every problem with the team is it’s batting. Why people are looking to dissect this is beyond me. It’s a simple explanation and it’s true. They can’t bat for ****.

Spark

Global Moderator
Has there been any visiting batsman in history who scored 3 centuries in 3 different test matches in the same series in Australia all for winning causes?
not 3 winning causes but brisbane may as well counted as a win given how cook batted and the total england amassed

Burgey

I'd be more worried with how toothless their bowling can look given even a modicum of application from batsmen. Granted, there aren't too many Pujaras going around, but they appear lost for ideas when someone's willing to drop anchor.
This is junk analysis tbh.

Spark

Global Moderator
they clearly aren't at their best. they're dog tired and haze/starc have been in poor rhythm all summer. but that only serves to illustrate how borderline miraculous it was that they managed to consistently get 20 wickets on these pitches before this summer.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If what you’re saying is right, and frankly I think it’s bull****, it’s probably got a lot more to do with then knowing that if they roll a side for 350 it’s about 110 too many for their own batsmen.

Australia’s bowling has been fine all series. Every problem with the team is it’s batting. Why people are looking to dissect this is beyond me. It’s a simple explanation and it’s true. They can’t bat for ****.
To me, it's only a coincidence our batting turned bad just when India's bowlers became unstoppable. I see no issue really.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
they clearly aren't at their best. they're dog tired and haze/starc have been in poor rhythm all summer. but that only serves to illustrate how borderline miraculous it was that they managed to consistently get 20 wickets on these pitches before this summer.
There's probably a bit of 'why the **** should I bother, we'll be 5/120 anyway'