• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
this is more what finger spinners (and part-timers) should expect in australia tbh. adelaide and perth were outliers
Never thought I'd see the day where Perth is better for spin than Sydney. Almost should be a crime.

morgieb

sydney has been **** for spinners for a while now
Well tbf in 2 of the last 3 Tests we've played there we've still picked two spinners. But yes, it's not a great spinning pitch.

But the WACA's always been a spinners graveyard.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
So if Marnus has figures of 0/150 off 20 overs, but scores 50 in one of his two innings, who is the better allrounder - him or Mitch?

And is it too early to start calling him 'Marshnus'?
Mitch. He would have returned 70/0 off 20. 80 runs are too monstrous for Marnus to compensate.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
India’s 2 spinners selection looking dodgy.
Two spin bowlers is always dodgy unless you have Warne and MacGill in your lineup, or you're getting a "special" Mumbai pitch. Even in the subcontinent, I'd mostly go for a full time spinner + a good part timer rather than two frontline spinners most of the time.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Two spin bowlers is always dodgy unless you have Warne and MacGill in your lineup, or you're getting a "special" Mumbai pitch. Even in the subcontinent, I'd mostly go for a full time spinner + a good part timer rather than two frontline spinners most of the time.
But you also have to remember this is the bottom end of a longish series and the seamers have done all the work to get us this far. I'd rather have a fresh Kuldeep and Jadeja over an Ishant who might've been running on empty. I'm biased towards Kuldeep, but I can see him confusing an already confused Aussie batting unit.

OverratedSanity

But you also have to remember this is the bottom end of a longish series and the seamers have done all the work to get us this far. I'd rather have a fresh Kuldeep and Jadeja over an Ishant who might've been running on empty. I'm biased towards Kuldeep, but I can see him confusing an already confused Aussie batting unit.
Bhuvi and Umesh were available though

OverratedSanity

Great little knock by Vihari here. Not letting anything loose go. Will have done an excellent job if he can get to stumps.