• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It’s like watching a ten year old playing on syntho instead of concrete for the first time. Stick a fork in him ffs, it’s making my eyes bleed.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you’re a batsman your job is more than that, surely. This is the Langer 30-is-the-new-80 philosophy.
He's done more than all the other Indian openers combined. Their job is to shield their real batsman from the new ball and he's done that better than the others.

I wouldn't accept this from an Australian batsman but I think India would be very happy with his performance even if he got out now.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I'm sure the Indians will be happy with agarwals method. Still out there, approaching lunch run rate over 3 and kohli still in the hut. The 3 quicks using up a lot of energy too.

Burgey

I'm sure the Indians will be happy with agarwals method. Still out there, approaching lunch run rate over 3 and kohli still in the hut. The 3 quicks using up a lot of energy too.
I think they’ll be happy with the output, but the method would have them very concerned.

Burgey

Just reinforces that Lillee and Thommo then the Windies had it right back in the 70s. If you want to drive, buy a new car.

Burgey

He's done more than all the other Indian openers combined. Their job is to shield their real batsman from the new ball and he's done that better than the others.

I wouldn't accept this from an Australian batsman but I think India would be very happy with his performance even if he got out now.
I’d accept it too, based purely on how our blokes have been going, but once you’re in your job has to be to go on, not just shield other blokes.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I’d accept it too, based purely on how our blokes have been going, but once you’re in your job has to be to go on, not just shield other blokes.
I think they’ll be happy with the output, but the method would have them very concerned.
I think if India had Dravid/Tendulkar/VVS at 3-5, I would agree with you. Right now, the more shielding the better. Especially as India have one opener and made yet another set of stupid selections that might cost them a once in a lifetime opportunity.

The run rate is irrelevant as far as I am concerned.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
The Indians have persisted with trying to ride the bounce on short balls or duck. Better off playing cross bat shots in Australia. Ducking is fine if your going to watch the ball. Which many of them don’t do.