• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No shocker at number 1. Had to be SA. Their number 5 seamer just took a 10 wicket haul and Maharaj has been consistently great too. Pakistan did well in England though they didn't have Sam Curran ****ting on all hope. UAE hasn't been that batter friendly this year, it must be noted. India have impressed everywhere despite the tail wags. How do SL average 28 even with those crap tracks.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bowling out Bd cheaply in the Caribbean helped our average. Good to see.

Hope better things from the batsmen in the next year

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia have played 10 tests this year.

One batsman (Khawaja) has averaged over 40.
Three batsmen (Khawaja, Warner and Paine) have averaged over 35.
Only 4 centuries have been scored, three of which were in the same innings (Sydney).
Two of the top 4 run scorers are averaging in the 20s (S and M Marsh)

Three out of the four top wicket takers for Australia have averaged over 30.
Only two bowlers have averaged under 30 (Cummins and Labaschagne).
Outside the top 4 bowlers, other than Labaschagne no bowler has an average of less than 55.
Of those bowlers, M Marsh took 6 wickets @ 58, Holland 4 @ 75, Siddle 3 @ 56 and Sayers 2 @ 73.

This is not to mention Australia's abysmal ODI record this year.

The problems in Australian cricket are far greater than Smith and Warner. The problems are systemic.

Kirkut

International Regular
Bumrah's real test will be in the subcontinent. Let's see how he does there.

I brought out the Manjrekar pessimism in me.

Niall

International Coach
Bumrah's real test will be in the subcontinent. Let's see how he does there.

I brought out the Manjrekar pessimism in me.
I think in the SC he wont be as key. Two front line spinners and Ishant, Umesh, Shami, Bhuvi and others can carry the load.

Who are India playing in tests next year? I could see India been tempted to rotate him in that format with the world cup coming up.

Niall

International Coach
I think in the SC he wont be as key. Two front line spinners and Ishant, Umesh, Shami, Bhuvi and others can carry the load.

Who are India playing in tests next year? I could see India been tempted to rotate him in that format with the world cup coming up.
Please don't be Sri Lanka.:sick:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
India need 50's from Agrawal, Pant and Jadeja. The pitch isn't doing that much and the bowling is generally harmless. Ideally we need to bat till the midday-mark and even 100 more runs in that time would seal Australia's chances of a miracle victory.
People need to stop.

If India can't defend 350 right here, you need to just forget them ever being any good at all and just enjoy the cricket.

Niall

International Coach
Thank goodness.

Its depressing how much i am looking forward to NZ hosting India. I'd actually make NZ strong favs for that, home advantage and better batting. NZ also don't have Shastri making selections which is key.

Niall

International Coach
People need to stop.

If India can't defend 350 right here, you need to just forget them ever being any good at all and just enjoy the cricket.
The rested bowlers will have 5 sessions to bowl out a patchy Australian batting line up, Indian fans should be relaxed about that.

Flem274*

123/5
Its depressing how much i am looking forward to NZ hosting India. I'd actually make NZ strong favs for that, home advantage and better batting. NZ also don't have Shastri making selections which is key.
Gavin Larsen isn't shy of a head scratcher tbf. In the odis especially you could get served up some random 34 year old batsman or medium pacer

Niall

International Coach
Gavin Larsen isn't shy of a head scratcher tbf. In the odis especially you could get served up some random 34 year old batsman or medium pacer
What would be the WTF calls from NZ in tests over last few years? Those from Shastri in SA and England have been well documented on this site.

the big bambino

International Captain
Can see why India didn’t enforce the follow on with the Sydney test practically mounting the Melbourne match as soon as it finished. Australia once cooked its bowlers enforcing the FO in Melbourne.

Also you’d have to wonder if he’s having an indirect influence on this series, but even if he isn’t you’d have to rate Khawaja’s brother as a super dick head. Witness tampering while on release is the latest.

BeeGee

International Captain
It annoys a bit how it seems we call nearly everything "a road" these days though, unless it's a minefield. A road should mean absolutely nothing for the bowlers.Today wasn't a road, it was a decent batting pitch with enough help for the bowlers.
Indeed. The people calling this a road must have grown up in an area with dirt roads and minefield cricket pitches.

This pitch isn't even close to a road. It certainly isn't a minefield either. This is a no excuses pitch for bowlers and batsmen.