• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Niall

International Coach
Not sure India should be criticised for not enforcing the follow on. They are horrific chasers and anything over 110 or 120 could have been dicey with their history, lower order and Australia's bowling. The Indian quick's who have played all three tests and have another test only a few days away will also have appreciated the break.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Not sure India should be criticised for not enforcing the follow on. They are horrific chasers and anything over 110 or 120 could have been dicey with their history, lower order and Australia's bowling. The Indian quick's who have played all three tests and have another test only a few days away will also have appreciated the break.
Australia would have to make 400 for a 120 target though. I am okay with the decision for the second reason though, I don't want any of our bowlers breaking down - especially Bumrah.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Yes. Way too early. He wouldn't make the all time XI:

Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
VVS Laxman
Dhoni
Kapil Dev
Kumble
Zaheer Khan
Amar Singh
Bishan Singh Bedi
Home:

Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid *
Tendulkar
Kohli
Dhoni +
Dev
Ashwin
Amar
Kumble
Khan

Away:

Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid *
Tendulkar
Kohli
Dhoni +
Dev
Amar
Kumble
Khan
Srinath

Shri

Mr. Glass
The spin quartet were an overrated bunch and they all had flaws, besides being nowhere near as good as Ash at home.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashwin arguably isn't even as good as Jadeja at home and his rubbish spells have cost us two precious wins in SA and England just this year. I've cooled off on him a lot in the last two years. His stats flatter him immensely.

Daemon

Ashwin pre hernia was better than Jadeja at home quite comfortably. Overall he pips him easily imo. Things can definitely change over the next couple of years though and I do agree that his stats flatter him immensely.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yeah, Kohli definitely gets in the XI. Laxman would be in if you go for 6 batsmen.
I didn't pick active players for a reason. It's too easy to overrate or underrate based on current form. When it's all over, we can go back and look at it. Will he end up as better than VVS? Likely so.

Daemon

Just seen todays highlights. That ball to Smarsh was so good. Brilliant variation out of nowhere and he absolutely nailed the execution.

Also can't believe Cummins nearly picked up a hattrick with that tactic. Wonder if we'll see any more of it.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
It's hilarious that Cummins bowled one down the leg side when on hattrick. Did create a chance even. Bizarre day.

[Catching up on highlights]

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Just seen todays highlights. That ball to Smarsh was so good. Brilliant variation out of nowhere and he absolutely nailed the execution.

Also can't believe Cummins nearly picked up a hattrick with that tactic. Wonder if we'll see any more of it.
I made almost same post re: 2nd point.

Why don't bowlers try the slower one more often in tests?

Top_Cat

Because then they suffer the ignominy of CW.net turning on them forever for bowling, with the benefit of highlights only, what was a totally and completely obvious ball that noone can believe the batter didn't zack into next week whilst laughing maniacally at the sun.

RIP to GBHs family and friends.

Kilowatt

School Boy/Girl Captain
India need 50's from Agrawal, Pant and Jadeja. The pitch isn't doing that much and the bowling is generally harmless. Ideally we need to bat till the midday-mark and even 100 more runs in that time would seal Australia's chances of a miracle victory.

Kilowatt

School Boy/Girl Captain
The best fast-bowling lineup backed by the best spinner in the world..........................................NOT

Can't blame Smith and Warner's absence for this now can ya?

Oh wait you can :cool:

Last edited: