• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What OS said above ^ Also Lyon's overall record in SC conditions is average at best.
You haven’t watched him bowl in the last two years then mate. He’s a better bowler than either of those two blokes anywhere these days.

Fmd they’re meant to be ranked one and two in the world and they take it in turns to get dropped.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
As much as the pitch has been compared to a corpse, resolute batting, a large slice of luck for the Indians and 4 dropped catches have made it look worse than it is imo.

Zinzan

You haven’t watched him bowl in the last two years then mate. He’s a better bowler than either of those two blokes anywhere these days.

Fmd they’re meant to be ranked one and two in the world and they take it in turns to get dropped.
I have watched, and he's been consistently good in Australia & did have a brilliant 2017, I'll give him that, but then averaged 34 this year, which is decent without being great.

Edit: Meanwhile Jadeja is averaging 21 in 2018, and actually had better 2016,2017 & 2018 than Lyon.

Ashwin has really declined in the last 2 years though, after almost looking unplayable in 2016.

Last edited:

Burgey

I’d put it ahead of Warne’s 700th as the best thing a Victorian has ever done on Boxing Day tbh.

Zinzan

Lol, you mean to tell me Siddle was on as a sub and grassed one? That would have been funny to see.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lol, you mean to tell me Siddle was on as a sub and grassed one? That would have been funny to see.
He was only on for one over too, and it was an absolute sitter that he dropped. It was hilarious. I still laugh whenever I think about it.

Last edited:

Burgey

I have watched, and he's been consistently good in Australia & did have a brilliant 2017, I'll give him that, but then averaged 34 this year, which is decent without being great.

Edit: Meanwhile Jadeja is averaging 21 in 2018, and actually had better 2016,2017 & 2018 than Lyon.

Ashwin has really declined in the last 2 years though, after almost looking unplayable in 2016.
I suspect the basis of your analysis is terribly flawed, given one bloke blows left arm darts on decks which help him rag them and the other spends his time bowling over here where finger spinners come to die.

I mean, if you put Starc in conditions akin to that Perth pitch from last week and throw Philander on UAE pancakes, will you rate Starc ahead of Fat Vern?

OverratedSanity

Tbf, they usually get dropped for each other. Or because of the Indian selectors being dumb.

I do agree lyon's a better bowler though. He's been almost as effective as Jadeja and Ashwin in the subcontinent recently while also performing a much better role in less friendly conditions. I didn't rate him much before he adjusted his bowling to Asian conditions, which isn't an easy thing to do. Bloke was a liability back in 2014 when he toured Asia, this time around the improvement he showed was massive.

Last edited:

Zinzan

I suspect the basis of your analysis is terribly flawed, given one bloke blows left arm darts on decks which help him rag them and the other spends his time bowling over here where finger spinners come to die.

I mean, if you put Starc in conditions akin to that Perth pitch from last week and throw Philander on UAE pancakes, will you rate Starc ahead of Fat Vern?
Lyon has been excellent on Australia decks for a long time now, & I did say that... without being all that great anywhere else.

Top_Cat

Tbf, they usually get dropped for each other. Or because of the Indian selectors being dumb.

I do agree lyon's a better bowler though. He's been almost as effective as Jadeja and Ashwin in the subcontinent recently while also performing a much better role in less friendly conditions. I didn't rate him much before he adjusted his bowling to Asian conditions, which isn't an easy thing to do. Bloke was a liability back in 2014 when he toured Asia, this time around the improvement he showed was massive.
When compared to the home spinners, sure. Was still the best choice for Aussie spinner.