• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Yes. Came in as opener, was the 6th out and the rest just imploded. Second highest score was 50. These are the kind of innings which make one note of teenage prodigies. Gill and Shaw are the future of our batting. Hope neither of them go the Rahul way.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Top day for Australia today.

Khawaja and Paine won us the test in that first session. Without their titanic efforts we'd have let India back in.

Kohli can acct like a pork chop all he likes but in the end he's the one losing the test right now. Paine's proving to be a good bloke and a good skipper and knows where the line is.

The pitch was a lot more innocuous in India's innings than it was in Australia's. India really shouldn't have folded as easily as they have in the second innings.

The value of a quality spinner was really evident this afternoon. I could see Lyon bagging a ten-fer here. I don't think I've ever seen a spinner take 10 wickets in Perth before, so I kind of hope he does.

Cummins is probably the most genuinely unlucky bowler going around at the moment. The way he's bowled he should have had a bag full in the first innings and looked pretty good here today as well (though perhaps a little short, I think he was looking to get some variable bounce out of the pitch).

Tomorrow should end quickly one thinks. As soon as the heavy roller wears off this pitch is going to be nigh impossible to bat on.

Borges

International Regular
Cummins looked quite ordinary in the second innings. He wasn't particularly lucky, but I wouldn't call him unlucky either.

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Lyon most likely beat Dilruwan tomorrow
Leading wicket taker in 2018 test cricket

Dilruwan p - 48 wickets
Lyon - 47
Rabada -46
Shami - 44
Anderson -43

Top 4 bowlers except Anderson has one more test coming up on Dec 26-30,2018

Good luck Great Nate

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If, and it’s a big if, Paine leads Australia to a series win from 1-0 down with the team he currently has at his disposal, it will be the most notable achievement by an Australian captain since the 89 Ashes.

AnthonyC

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Lyon most likely beat Dilruwan tomorrow
Leading wicket taker in 2018 test cricket

Dilruwan p - 48 wickets
Lyon - 47
Rabada -46
Shami - 44
Anderson -43

Top 4 bowlers except Anderson has one more test coming up on Dec 26-30,2018

Good luck Great Nate
Lyon's still got Boxing Day Test in this year as well 5 wickets available today

veganbob

U19 Captain
Oh yeah he's a terrific player, but he's a deadset knobend. His "I'm the best player in the world and you're just a stand in captain" is completely park cricket standard chatter tbh.
Ya he does come off as an asshole. Still, I thought paine's sledge about kohli not being likeable was pretty lame given that Australia's last captain is a characterless cheat.

I wouldn't want either to be my captain ( ignoring the batting offcourse) but yeah atleast kohli is just an ass.. Smith is a serious premeditated cheat. I would be embarrased to play cricket with someone like that.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ya he does come off as an asshole. Still, I thought paine's sledge about kohli not being likeable was pretty lame given that Australia's last captain is a characterless cheat.

I wouldn't want either to be my captain ( ignoring the batting offcourse) but yeah atleast kohli is just an ass.. Smith is a serious premeditated cheat. I would be embarrased to play cricket with someone like that.
tl;dr: “He’s a ****. But he’s our ****.”

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

To be fair, Paine never said he liked Smith.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For all of Kohli's carrying on, he really only has himself to blame for this impending loss. Jadeja would have been a much better selection than Umesh. How many times does Kohli have to lose tests with his captaincy before India strip him of some of his power?

Niall

International Coach
For all of Kohli's carrying on, he really only has himself to blame for this impending loss. Jadeja would have been a much better selection than Umesh. How many times does Kohli have to lose tests with his captaincy before India strip him of some of his power?
This test is gone (off to betfair anyone who disagrees please) and while I think its a massive call they possibly could have won the South Africa series and would not have lost 4-1 in England if those in charge of selections Kohli and his tea boy Shastri were not so crap at picking line ups.

South Africa...

Dropping Bhuvi after gunning it in the first test.
No Rahane for two tests, but Rohit was picked due to smacking around Sri Lanka's trunders of **** previously.

England Series
The spinners debacle
Picking Bhuvi when not fit in an ODI and losing him for the England test series
Dropping Pujara ffs

Kohli is a great player but he and Shastri keep getting the big calls wrong. No clue why Jadeja is not here especially when you look at that horrific tail which has constantly failed over the last year.