• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, but I'd have liked to see it. I'll take a teenager failing over this ****e. It's a miracle Kohli has gotten so many runs this year what with him never walking in with a decent platform.
Yeah, I would rather give a youngster chances to fail, get bruised and learn.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Burgey, will you go without food if Kohli wins this for us tomorrow?
You reckoned without the GOAT.

Virat a tad quieter now than he was three hours ago.

And as TC noted yesterday, no one is picking Lyon's arm ball atm. Wonder what he's doing differently with it.

Burgey

Yeah, I would rather give a youngster chances to fail, get bruised and learn.
Can see your pov on this tbh. Shaw would be in barring injury anyway I suppose, can't say I've seen the other young bloke.

**** I hope Paine sprayed the living **** out of Kohli there. Up to the stumps he was in plumb position for it.

TheJediBrah

Is that the game :-O

You reckoned without the GOAT.

Virat a tad quieter now than he was three hours ago.

And as TC noted yesterday, no one is picking Lyon's arm ball atm. Wonder what he's doing differently with it.
I doubt he's doing much different tbh. Natural variation of the pitch. Classic finger spin.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah that's not his true arm ball, his actual arm ball tends to really drift and slide like an outswinger almost. I actually remember the first Big Bash where he initially came to prominence, he got a fair few batsmen out with it. He needs to bowl it more IMO.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't think that one was actually an arm ball at all; if anything I reckon Kohli was just spooked a bit by the footmark that it almost hit and played for too much turn. It didn't really drift away, it just didn't turn much either.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha everyone replied to that Burgey post with more or less the same thing. Trust TJB to have made the point in the most derisive way possible out of all the respondents.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How did that not hit the stumps? Pitch is a lot less demonic than it was in the Australian innings.