• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Spark

Global Moderator
Played away from his body just a tad but would be harsh to say, not much he couldve done really.
that's just his technique, and it's very reminiscent of how he used to get out on australian pitches. it's definitely the case that he simply isn't really well-suited to handle extra bounce and he's done very well in the series considering that

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One of the few times I've seen Starc look genuinely fast and hostile. He usually looks like he's just putting it there, but he's bending his back hard today.

Spark

Global Moderator
One of the few times I've seen Starc look genuinely fast and hostile. He usually looks like he's just putting it there, but he's bending his back hard today.
not often you get the opportunity to bowl on a pitch like this to win a test match

Burgey

not often you get the opportunity to bowl on a pitch like this to win a test match
True, but sometime I think he gets too obsessed with bowling really full and swinging it instead of being just ont he full side of good and letting the seam do the work

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Get rid of both Vijay and Rahul ffs. My line up for next test.

Shaw
Pujara
Rahane
Kohli
Rohit
Vihari
Pant
Jadeja
Ishant
Shami
Bumrah

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
how on earth have so many edges fallen short in this test match. truly bizarre
Often happens on these variable bounce pitches. The lower balls catch the edge and drop harmlessly before the slips. Our the ball slows up off the pitch and the edge takes more energy off it and it doesn't carry.

Then one takes off, catches the edge and flies over the slips.

Arachnodouche

International Captain

Shaw
Pujara
Rahane
Kohli
Rohit
Vihari
Pant
Jadeja
Ishant
Shami
Bumrah
Why not play Rahul down the order instead of Rohit? It seems like the most obvious thing to do. It worked for VVS back in the day, maybe its the last throw of the dice as far as Rahul goes.

Burgey

Just watching this tea presentation with Slats and McGrath and imagining the latter just hammering the edge of one of those cracks for about eight overs in a row.

Burgey

Shaw
Pujara
Rahane
Kohli
Rohit
Vihari
Pant
Jadeja
Ishant
Shami
Bumrah
I understand your frustration, but if it's at all possible I'd keep Pujara where he is. I know he's almost been opening anyway, but he's so good at three for India. Vijay isn't done this innings yet. He might do enough to keep his spot, but Rahul slogged a few in Adelaide but really hasn't looked the business at all.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Why not play Rahul down the order instead of Rohit? It seems like the most obvious thing to do. It worked for VVS back in the day, maybe its the last throw of the dice as far as Rahul goes.
I think he is too adamant to bat down the order. Always seems himself at the top of the lineup Won't be a bad thought though.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I think he is too adamant to bat down the order. Always seems himself at the top of the lineup Won't be a bad thought though.
Well, it's not really his call if he wants to play Test cricket. He's ********* as opener, but might just come good against tiring bowlers and an older ball.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I understand your frustration, but if it's at all possible I'd keep Pujara where he is. I know he's almost been opening anyway, but he's so good at three for India. Vijay isn't done this innings yet. He might do enough to keep his spot, but Rahul slogged a few in Adelaide but really hasn't looked the business at all.
Unless he somehow scores a century, get him out.