• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have only been able to watch a few deliveries but for the umpteenth time a WA pitch that’s hyped up pre-match as the fastest in cricketing history which only turns out to be bland and batting-friendly? If so, how many times can people fall for this?
It seems much slower than the Sheffield Shield pitch.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Yeah he's lost all rhythm. Which is what happens when you're thinking about no balls instead of where the ball should land.
Unforgivable at this level. If he had rhythm issues in the lead up, he should not have been picked. The **** are all these coaches doing.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea okay time for a change in bowling. He's just not threatening.

I wonder if the coaching staff thought about resting Ishant for this game and bringing in Bhuvi instead? Because if they were working on his front foot in between games, they must have expected it would affect his performance in-game to some extent. Then again, that wouldn't fit the 'back you players* to the hilt' team ethos this side has around Kohli

In the meanwhile looks like Aus are going to put on 500 here on Day 1 and smash their way to a massive innings win. Depressing.

*provided you aren't ChePu or Bhuvi, that is

BSM

U19 Cricketer
This is an incredibly early call but with 4 seamers, with no quality spinner available this could get quite ugly for India

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have only been able to watch a few deliveries but for the umpteenth time a WA pitch that’s hyped up pre-match as the fastest in cricketing history which only turns out to be bland and batting-friendly? If so, how many times can people fall for this?
I feel India are making the pitch look flatter than it actually is, tbf.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The bounce is quite variable. I wonder if this pitch might flatten and quicken up over the next couple of days.

Munificent_Fool

U19 Vice-Captain
I don’t watch cricket often but I do like a good test series in Oz. How come Australia is so **** these days? Obviously the sandpaper thing no Smith, Warner etc. but when did this dramatic decline happen?