• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

cnerd123

likes this
Pitch looks solid for batting so far. Bit of bounce, not a lot of movement.

Maybe Shami might be worth a go soon? Ishant and Bhuvi not really bowling full enough atm, maybe Shami can make something happen.

Could see Aus pile on a really big score here - four fast bowlers will fade by the third session today, and if don't strike early we could be at the receiving end of a rapid ton from someone like Finch/Uzzy/SMarsh. Might need a decent number of overs from Vihari to prevent over-working the quicks, and those could go for quite a few runs. Good toss to win for Aus.

Really up to this pace battery to bowl as excellently as they did in the first Test and adapt to this pitch quickly.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha yep, that's why it was my main takeway from their lineup. Ishant averages 0.4 higher than McGrath.

He's at 8.
Yeah, one of the worst tails in recent history. But I think Umesh will bat 8. He can fluke some runs while the other 3 can just swat air.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, one of the worst tails in recent history. But I think Umesh will bat 8. He can fluke some runs while the other 3 can just swat air.
Ishant can block ok, but we have a complete psychopath batting at 7 so there's not much point in the tail attempting to just hang around.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So what are initial impressions of the pitch? It has carry but only off specific lengths. A few have died along the way also.
I reckon in Perth tradition it'll be faster when the grass dries tomorrow. It seems hard but not overly fast. I think that the amount of grass may mean it's actually quite a bit slower than it has been in the shield.