• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Spark

Global Moderator
Kohli's the first asian captain to win tests at Eng, SA and Aus in the same year.
I was actually thinking during our first innings just how unlikely India's performance in the field would have been under Dhoni. We probably would have gotten 350+ and chased 150 max.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India player ratings :

Vijay : 3/10 Atleast he batted out a few tough overs in the second innings, but he looks done. I probably still wouldn't drop him if Shaw isn't fit though.

Rahul: 4/10. Got an important 40 odd but I'm not sure how much credit he deserves for it considering how irresponsible some of his shots were

Pujara: 10/10. I don't think it's controversial to say this was the single greatest batting performance ever by an Indian batsman in Australia. Clearly the difference between the sides

Kohli: 4/10. Didn't get many runs but the second innings knock was important in the context.

Rahane: 7/10. His best innings in ages. Looked the most fluent of any of the batsmen in this test and scored freely when everyone else was stuck in a rut. Hopefully he gets a ton this series it's been too long.

Rohit: 3/10. Like Rahul he got a few important runs but the shots were absolutely diabolical.

Pant: 5/10. muh 9 catches. Has a woeful temperament with the bat and still a dodgy keeper but didn't drop many.

Ashwin: 6/10. A decent enough performance imo. Didn't look as threatening as Lyon but wasn't as wasteful and wayward as he was in Southampton. Kept it relatively simple bar a few bad leg breaks so he seems to have learned his lesson. The fat ****.

Ishant: 7/10. Deserved more reward. Never thought I'd say this but he's become ridiculously reliable now. Never bowls truly bad spells, keeps it tight even when he's not getting wickets.

Shami : 7/10. Superb in the second innings yesterday after a kinda meh first innings spell.

Bumrah: 8/10. Until the day his shoulder falls off and bounces to mid wicket, India seem to have found a bit of a gun. Crazy how much he's improved since his debut. Pick of India's bowlers.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Vijay should be out for Shaw. I will be tempted to play Kuldeep in place of Rohit (not at Perth though). It's not like an extra batsman really contributes much.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
What did Shastri say on air "thodi der goti munh mein tha" (​had balls in mouth for a while). WTF :laugh:

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
Great win for India. But I think should consider themselves in with a shout to level things at Perth. The pitch v SA in that LOI had the ball flying about a bit. From what I heat the Test pitch will be similar..

So it should make for a very interesting contest.

vcs

Pujara: 10/10. I don't think it's controversial to say this was the single greatest batting performance ever by an Indian batsman in Australia. Clearly the difference between the sides
He was great but that's a tad hyperbolic. Plenty of epic knocks by Sachin, Dravid, Kohli, Sehwag and Laxman competing for that accolade. Our batsmen have done relatively well in Australia compared to, say, SA, where such performances are much harder to come by.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Vijay should be out for Shaw. I will be tempted to play Kuldeep in place of Rohit (not at Perth though). It's not like an extra batsman really contributes much.
They do, though. As horrible as Rahul and Rohit were, the 80 runs between them were crucial in this context. This will be a low-scoring series, and our tail being the way it is, every last run will count.

OverratedSanity

He was great but that's a tad hyperbolic. Plenty of epic knocks by Sachin, Dravid, Kohli, Sehwag and Laxman competing for that accolade. Our batsmen have done relatively well in Australia compared to, say, SA, where such performances are much harder to come by.
I don't know. The only performance I think comes close is dravid or kohli at Adelaide. Two high pressure knocks back to back against an attack that was bowling really really well. And sachin's best knocks didn't come in wins.

Last edited:

vcs

I don't know. The only performance I think comes close is dravid at Adelaide. Two high pressure knocks back to back against an attack that was bowling really really well.
Kohli in Adelaide last tour..

But this innings is a massive feather in Pujara's cap. No longer just an Asian track bully.

Burgey

I don't know. The only performance I think comes close is dravid or kohli at Adelaide. Two high pressure knocks back to back against an attack that was bowling really really well. And sachin's best knocks didn't come in wins.
TBF that Adelaide deck Kohli made his hundreds on was a **** load flatter than this one. I mean, Australia lost 12 wickets int eh match and declared twice on it. Not taking away from his performance back then, but this knock of Pujara's was far bigger in the context of the match.