• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Static camera and button for 3rd umpire plus device in playing umpire's pocket that vibrates = problem solved at test level surely?

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Probable Mitch Marshes last chance to prove he was the all rounder he was hyped up to be the next flintoff or botham, he must score a match winning 80 score.
With a batting average of 26 and bowling avg. of 42, Aus will be better off calling back Geoff rather than Mitch.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Basically ***** is going to contradict any general CW position on umpiring as it allows him to go "lol no you noob. I a seasoned professional can tell you it's otherwise and you better listen up"

This dick waving cannot be expected to be accompanied by solid reasoning in any case, needless to say. We all just need to swallow up any appeal to authority ***** serves up.

slippy888

International Captain
Got the wrong Marsh but this is probable Shauns Marsh last chance to prove his worth in a meaningful match situation

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Basically ***** is going to contradict any general CW position on umpiring as it allows him to go "lol no you noob. I a seasoned professional can tell you it's otherwise and you better listen up"

This dick waving cannot be expected to be accompanied by solid reasoning in any case, needless to say. We all just need to swallow up any appeal to authority ***** serves up.
Have we gone from beta to noob?

Burgey

And Boon and Jones
They were kids though. nowhere near the players they became later.

I think this is the least credentialed line up since the mid 80s, for sure.

Have liked what I’ve seen from Head so far. Looks like he’s up for a scrap which is good.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
They were kids though. nowhere near the players they became later.

I think this is the least credentialed line up since the mid 80s, for sure.

Have liked what I’ve seen from Head so far. Looks like he’s up for a scrap which is good.
You're a lawyer for car accidents aren't you burge?

Burgey

How bad would a test umpire need to be for you to give them a negative judgement? Does Steve "missing middle" Bucknor get away with his performances?
Not in 2008. India spat it and forced him out of the series. I know that sounds totally out of character for them, but it’s true. It really happened.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Not any more, but I can steer you in the right direction (pun unintended).
I feel like I've lost some of my right to compensation because I didn't go to a doctor/hospital in the first 24 hours? She's admitted complete liability

Flem274*

123/5
If Paine has even a bit of shame, he should drop himself and resign from captaincy.
what would this achieve?
India have enough depth to put out a 2nd XI that would hold their own fairly well in world cricket right now.

Dhawan
Shaw
Agarwal
Pandey
Nair
Pandya
Saha
Kuldeep
Jadeja
Umesh
Bhuvi

Would expect that team to beat SL/Bangladesh/WI, and be quite competitive vs. NZ and Pakistan. Might even give SA/Aus/Eng a game if they win the toss and get to take advantage of favourable conditions. Okay the batting's a bit iffy, but still.
please send this on an 18 month world tour, including to here. i do enjoy broken indian souls.

Burgey

I feel like I've lost some of my right to compensation because I didn't go to a doctor/hospital in the first 24 hours? She's admitted complete liability
Not true at all. Go to a doc today and get a medical certificate. It’s a no-fault scheme now in nsw anyway. I’ll give you a couple of names to consult with mate.

Anyway, how did the pop up go?

Raffski

School Boy/Girl Captain
Lots has been made of Australia’s weak batting, but I’ve seen very little talk of the pitch.

Hard to think of many other home surfaces (maybe the odd Hobart greentop) which have suited them so poorly.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
90/10 in favour of India IMO

Oz needs 300+ to win and this lineup would be lucky to break 250 on the Hume Highway

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lots has been made of Australia’s weak batting, but I’ve seen very little talk of the pitch.

Hard to think of many other home surfaces (maybe the odd Hobart greentop) which have suited them so poorly.
It's been a fantastic test match pitch. But you're right in that it hasn't really suited Australia's batting. Not every pitch can be the WACA.

the big bambino

International Captain
Dumb. Describes a day of play that ultimately proved too frustrating to watch. Eventually took the boys tenpin bowling instead. This Australian attack is too good to come hard at. Even when Starc bowls trash he never gets collared. But you can make runs if you respect them. India looked to learn their lesson from the first innings and prospered. Then came the #intent clatter after lunch which actually made them vulnerable to a fluky run chase. Then in reply we had a bloke not suited to opening here, out for a pair. He was only opening because our selectors decided to further weaken a bad batting line up by picking him out of position. On top of unfairly suspending 3 test batsmen. Dumb administration. Dumb selection. We even had Warne abusing the Victorian coach, who has revived Finch's fc career, for being reluctant to weaken his own team to accommodate the national selector's dumb selection policy. Just dumb.

But dumb luck saved our opener because Sharma bowled a no ball. And he kept on bowling them without being called by the dumbarse umpire. This is important because we are deprived of additional runs in gettable run chase. Also if Sharma is called he might begin to think about his feet rather than his bowling thereby improving the batting side's chances again. Finally we have a batsmen out who didn't have the confidence to call a review that would have saved him. Dumb. Screw this I thought. I'm not hanging around to watch 2 more hours of stupid. Got home to check the score only to find Travis Head is pressing hard against his second innings maximum and forced into a situation where I have to cheer for Shaun Marsh today. I love this game but it sure can ruin your weekend.