• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
smith will be fine. he's one of those players who just wins.
Yeah maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I think he'll be even more determined to score runs when he gets back. And he's probably the most determined batsman I've ever seen.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
So this may have been discussed already, but is this the worst Australian batting lineup of all time? Even mid-80's Australia had AB.

Niall

International Coach
Anyone who says with a straight face that Rohit offers more to India than Ravindra Jadeja is wrong. Bring him or Vihari in next test no matter the result tomorrow.

SeamUp

International Coach
Rohit Sharma getting a test re-call is so odd in the first place. Ditch him for home where he produces and bring him back away.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rohit Sharma getting a test re-call is so odd in the first place. Ditch him for home where he produces and bring him back away.
Not that odd though. He's averaged quite a bit since his recall in 2016

Yes it's mainly at home he's done well but nobody actually picks a player in a test side only at home. We wanted that for Khawaja but its silly really

Top_Cat

There's something about Darsh that gives everyone ingratiated with Aus cricket a boner. I don't get it.
Mark Waugh syndrome. Struggles to get past 5 but the oppo fears him because every run from then on is either consequential or match-winning.

SeamUp

International Coach

Yes it's mainly at home he's done well but nobody actually picks a player in a test side only at home. We wanted that for Khawaja but its silly really
I was amazed he was in the test team in SA already and was dropped after the 2nd test.

Don't think he was in the subsequent squad in England.

We know his history in test cricket away from home.

They went with Vihari in England eventually but now I guess they have gone without Hardik and needed an extra bat. Just wouldn't have gone with him myself.

morgieb

Even then it mostly came against weak opposition. He's only played two home Tests against Australia/England/South Africa for example.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I did find it funny that Chopra was talking up Rohit's utility by mentioning his off breaks on the first day but Kohli's using Vijay instead.

Cow Corner

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I’d say 80:20 or more in their favour tbh.

One thing which will go against Australia tomorrow is that because so many blokes in this side are on tenterhooks, they don’t have the balls to take the game on when it can be the right thing to do.
Betting odds give 90% probability of an India win. India have good match ups...Ashwin will enjoy having two left handers in Marsh and Travis Head...after that/Paine you're really into the lower order which is going to be very difficult to survive for long on this 5th day pitch. Bumrah/Ash/Shami should clean up the tail.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Anyone who says with a straight face that Rohit offers more to India than Ravindra Jadeja is wrong. Bring him or Vihari in next test no matter the result tomorrow.
Playing only one of Ashwin or Jadeja away from home is a tried and successfully tested strategy to ensure that both end up with ATG records.