• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Weren't they looking to change the general culture of Australian cricket? Or was that just to appease the media?
The latter, like the one year bans.

Surely Gillespie/Ponting personalities would be much of the same wouldn't it?
Gillespie did well at Yorkshire (who have disintegrated in his absence), an actual first class side while Langer's BBL success has been mostly good list management and the WA shield side have been like this team, less than the sum of their parts. Neither of those two display the overt bias and know-it-all attitude that Langer does.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we’d been two down I’d have given us a shot at this, but having gifted two of the four wickets to fall, the only chance we have is if these two put on 130-150 odd of the remaining runs. This line up just doesn’t have it in them.

trundler

India still well and truly in front unless their bowlers throw in the towel. I don't see these 2 putting up that kind of resistance though.

Zinzan

Another great day in prospect. 220 runs for Australia, 6 wickets for India and weather looking like it won't spoil the party.

65/35 in India's favour for mine.

Burgey

Being 'hungry' won't mean squat if he still can't score runs. I'm sure most batsmen in a form slump are 'hungry' to score runs, but it clearly doesn't help them.
He’s. The. Best. Player. Since. Bradman. F.f.s. He’ll. Score. Runs. For. Fun.

OverratedSanity

An Australian win isn't impossible from here but its going to take something monumental.

Good day for India but I'm still so annoyed by the garbage post lunch collapse. Handed Australia a bit of hope when we could've ended their chances completely. Shastri deserves a slap across his stupid drunk-ass face.

Last edited:

Burgey

Another great day in prospect. 220 runs for Australia, 6 wickets for India and weather looking like it won't spoil the party.

65/35 in India's favour for mine.
I’d say 80:20 or more in their favour tbh.

One thing which will go against Australia tomorrow is that because so many blokes in this side are on tenterhooks, they don’t have the balls to take the game on when it can be the right thing to do.

Zinzan

I have a sneaking suspicion he won't find it quite so easy on his return, on a number of levels. We shall have to wait and see.

Not saying he was undeserving of his recent runs, but he did bat with quite a bit of luck in the last couple of years if my memory serves, certainly hasn't had one of those unlucky streaks most great bats have from time to time.

Burgey

I have a sneaking suspicion he won't find it quite so easy on his return, on a number of levels. We shall have to wait and see.

Not saying he was undeserving of his recent runs, but he did bat with quite a bit of luck in the last couple of years if my memory serves, certainly hasn't had one of those unlucky streaks most great bats have from time to time.
I dunno. He ground out runs when it was hard and blazed them when it was easy. Bloke is a freak. Rarely seen such overt hunger for run scoring.

Burgey

Yeah, although all's well that ends well. They could have got another 50-60 runs, but may only have only had time for 1-2 wickets.
Craddock made the point on tv just now that it just demonstrates they don’t rate australia and thought they had enough already

srbhkshk

International Captain
Slightly disappointed by the overall effort today, but we can do much worse overseas so I'll still take it.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Well, he's the best player since Sanggakara, but yes he will do well when he returns.

Lockie Ferguson will own him when we tour in 2020 though, unless the Aussies prepare really slow pitches

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australian cricket will die another death if Marsh hits a ton or even a 50 tomorrow.