• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's surprising to me having long admired Langer as a fighting batsman is that he's turned into such a whiner. Would not have picked that.

Australia cricket would have done well to acquire Stephen Fleming as coach (and man-manager), but I think his money for 6 weeks work in the IPL is too good for Cricket Australia even if they were interested.
Aus seems loathe to hire a foreign coach after Arthur anyway. I'd have taken someone like Gillespie or Ponting.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The dish channels magically came back! It's in Hindi but hey, I don't miss Fox's commentary.

stephen

I'd have taken an ordinary ton tbh.

I'm also now worried that Smith isn't going to regain any sort of form after he comes back.
I'm not. He'll be hungry as. He's a cricket nerd and will be wanting to make people forget the tampering affair.

Zinzan

Aus seems loathe to hire a foreign coach after Arthur anyway. I'd have taken someone like Gillespie or Ponting.
Weren't they looking to change the general culture of Australian cricket? Or was that just to appease the media?

Surely Gillespie/Ponting personalities would be much of the same wouldn't it?

cnerd123

likes this
I'm glad the end of the day is coming up. Marsh is looking set, now he'll have to come back and start all over again tomorrow.

trundler

I'm not. He'll be hungry as. He's a cricket nerd and will be wanting to make people forget the tampering affair.
Would he be up to mentally? He isn't doing so well in grade stuff. Before the whole ordeal I strongly believed he'd finish alongside Tendulkar, Viv, Lara etc.

Zinzan

You have to hand it to these commentators, their side well behind the eight ball and all I seem to be hearing in the background is gushing about how good Shaun Marsh is.

Starfighter

You have to hand it to these commentators, their side well behind the eight ball and all I seem to be hearing in the background is gushing about how good Shaun Marsh is.
There's something about Darsh that gives everyone ingratiated with Aus cricket a boner. I don't get it.

Burgey

So Peter used his hands to edge a cut shot and top edge a pull shot in the one test. Terrible.

Just saw khawajas dismissal too. Nice work, m8

Burgey

Weren't they looking to change the general culture of Australian cricket? Or was that just to appease the media?

Surely Gillespie/Ponting personalities would be much of the same wouldn't it?
Not really