• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

cnerd123

likes this
ah, so Dharmasena excels at making sure the players get down on time, makes sure everyone knows they're behind the over rate and tells players off when they're being naughty. Who cares about the less important stuff like making correct decisions.
Lol there is so much more to umpiring than that. I just know the kind of detail and work required for Associate level and it's already quite demanding - I don't image Test Level umpiring would be any easier.

I'd elaborate but it's not like any of you care, you just wanna **** on Dharnasena for what you see on TV lol. And fair enough, umpiring is a thankless task. I don't know how good he is at the other tasks his role involves, or even how much more there is to do at Test level when compared to Associates, so I'll hold off judgement on him. Just letting you know there is a lot more to umpiring than what you see.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol there is so much more to umpiring than that. I just know the kind of detail and work required for Associate level and it's already quite demanding - I don't image Test Level umpiring would be any easier.

I'd elaborate but it's not like any of you care, you just wanna **** on Dharnasena for what you see on TV lol. And fair enough, umpiring is a thankless task. I don't know how good he is at the other tasks his role involves, or even how much more there is to do at Test level when compared to Associates, so I'll hold off judgement on him. Just letting you know there is a lot more to umpiring than what you see.
Do go into detail.

I'm sure they're just administrative tasks.

OverratedSanity

Lol shut the **** up. His main task by far is to get decisions correct and he has failed abysmally. It's like saying there's so much more to Shaun Marsh's role than batting. But he bats like a tailebder and thus sucks at his job.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

None of any of the things you can come up with are relevant. He's not doing them when ball's being delivered. You just have a victim complex.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Good to see 7 / Fox have saved money by not providing enough cameras for us to be actually able to see clearly what happened.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not convinced but Finch walked so it's his fault if he wasn't out.

It's ridiculous for Indians to think they're not ahead. The only question is whether it's today or tomorrow.

ajdude

International Coach
As a batsman you surely know 100% if it hits the glove don't you? It's not true for tiny nicks off the bat as we now know but you'd feel even minimal contact with the glove.
looked like his glove brushed the top of his pad though so he might've felt that

Daemon

As a batsman you surely know 100% if it hits the glove don't you? It's not true for tiny nicks off the bat as we now know but you'd feel even minimal contact with the glove.
I think it's sometimes difficult for bat pad stuff because there's just so much contact happening simultaneously. I know at times when I jam my bat down into my pad I can't tell if I've got an inside edge or whether it's hit bat or pad first.

trundler

Grrr. Finch deserves it for not reviewing in the end. He was looking better than before. All eyes on Khwaja.

cnerd123

likes this
None of any of the things you can come up with are relevant. He's not doing them when ball's being delivered. You just have a victim complex.
Did I say he was distracted during a delivery because of everything else he has to do at the same time?

My point is that being bad a decision making != being bad at umpiring. There is a lot more to umpiring than making decisions. For all we know, Dharnasena is excellent at those. Don't need to **** on the man when you don't even understand the extent of his job and you just see him fail at a small part of it.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Well, Funch has never come across as having the sharpest mind, so that may have something to do with it as well.

The way he reacted when it happened, I find it a bit odd he didn't then refer it.