• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it's ozzie at home. you'd want 300 at least before feeling safe. plenty of time left in the game too
As I said earlier though these guys aren't even HTB's at this point, they're just ****.

Apart from Usman, but that's only one guy. Maybe Marsh is due.....

Daemon

That's quite concerning actually
His 2018 form was very slightly worrying. I know we shouldn't mix formats but he looked out of sorts in all of them. Hopefully he's back to his best once India leave Australia's shores.

Flem274*

123/5
It's like you haven't been here over the past year and have no idea have crap this side is.
away from home they'd already be on the cross, sure. at home tho even spuds like burns and voges morph into steve smiths. i'll always treat straya seriously in their own backyard after seeing what they've done to touring sides in the past few years.

morgieb

away from home they'd already be on the cross, sure. at home tho even spuds like burns and voges morph into steve smiths. i'll always treat straya seriously in their own backyard after seeing what they've done to touring sides in the past few years.
TBF that was mostly a New Zealand attack with Southee and Boult basically forgetting how to bowl and Wagner not being selected and the West Indies. India seem far closer to South Africa who really exposed them.

Plus this isn't a total road either.

Daemon

TBF that was mostly a New Zealand attack with Southee and Boult basically forgetting how to bowl and Wagner not being selected and the West Indies. India seem far closer to South Africa who really exposed them.

You're forgetting Pakistan and England

morgieb

You're forgetting Pakistan and England
Voges and Burns didn't play in those Tests though. Though I suppose Mitch Marsh of all people scored runs against the latter.

But even then you had Yasir Shah bowl like a drain and Broad be off the boil too. And the rest of the England attack were either not good enough in Australia or were nullified by the conditions.

Flem274*

123/5

not just the nz/pakistan/windies series, i was also thinking back even earlier to those indian and ashes clean sweeps where we expected an australian win but not of that magnitude. i know most of the stand out hometown surprise packages didn't play in those series but it still fits my general point that playing at home turns an average australian player like haddin/marsh/voges/burns/khawaja into a world class one, and when you add that to a class attack and smith/clarke/warner then yeah that's not a fun tour.

overall i think australian fans have become too pessimistic about their teams chances after the mcgrath era. your bowling is world class and at home the batting should be serviceable. travis head for example looks like he'd be woeful in england but he made a fighting 70 yesterday. it's not ***** level whining but it's at risk of getting there.

cnerd123

likes this
Aussies fans Gambhiring are the worst

You literally just need two wickets early tomorrow and you're ahead of the game, and all your bowlers are bowling fantastically. Not only that, but this basically the same bowling attack that conceded a million runs in the 4th innings to NZ to draw a winnable test.

It's even stevens IMO. Touring teams always need to be much further ahead than their opponents to be considered favourites

Heboric

International Debutant

You literally just need two wickets early tomorrow and you're ahead of the game, and all your bowlers are bowling fantastically. Not only that, but this basically the same bowling attack that conceded a million runs in the 4th innings to NZ to draw a winnable test.

It's even stevens IMO. Touring teams always need to be much further ahead than their opponents to be considered favourites
Nah, India are ahead. If Smith and Warner were in the team I would agree. But without them I have little faith in the current batting line up to chase anything over 200

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

This post is the only gambhiring going on. We are well behind in this match and our batting ****ing sucks. Like, worst top 7 we've fielded since the mid 80s

vcs

Pujara is a legend. He'll maybe get a pitch or two that suits him, per series away from Asia, but he'll make damn sure he capitalizes on it.

morgieb

not just the nz/pakistan/windies series, i was also thinking back even earlier to those indian and ashes clean sweeps where we expected an australian win but not of that magnitude. i know most of the stand out hometown surprise packages didn't play in those series but it still fits my general point that playing at home turns an average australian player like haddin/marsh/voges/burns/khawaja into a world class one, and when you add that to a class attack and smith/clarke/warner then yeah that's not a fun tour.

overall i think australian fans have become too pessimistic about their teams chances after the mcgrath era. your bowling is world class and at home the batting should be serviceable. travis head for example looks like he'd be woeful in england but he made a fighting 70 yesterday. it's not ***** level whining but it's at risk of getting there.
Fair enough. Though in those cases it was more because of exceptional bowling and star batsmen having great series (more so the Indian 2011 series re: the latter).

At home yes on paper the batting should still be serviceable even sans Warner/Smith. But it really isn't in this case, most of these guys aren't even very good at Shield level (whereas Voges for example was). The bowling is still great and they've bowled really well here, but I just cannot see us posting more than 300 barring a big daddy ton from Khawaja or if it's a road. It's possible for Australia to pull a rabbit out of the hat for this Test - anything under 250 should be very much chasable - but I have my doubts.

Although with Marsh I'm kneejerking somewhat based on his last six Test innings being under 10. Realistically it's still doable that he remembers how to bat at Test level and that should make our batting at home at least put up decent enough scores to bring our bowling into play. If he does a lot of my pessimism starts to significantly decline. He did have an excellent start to the Shield season after all.

cnerd123

likes this
Pujara is a legend. He'll maybe get a pitch or two that suits him, per series away from Asia, but he'll make damn sure he capitalizes on it.
Every pitch suits him, it's just that he doesn't really disrupt fast bowlers, so he gets an unnaturally high percentage of good balls from them, and keeps running himself out trying to take quick singles his body can't respond to.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If we roll the final 7 wickets for less than 75 runs then sure we have a chance

But thats pretty unlikely

Daemon

If we roll the final 7 wickets for less than 75 runs then sure we have a chance

But thats pretty unlikely
I think 7-100 is the most likely scenario which gives India a fairly solid lead of 266.

I don't expect more than 10 runs from the 3 quicks so it's more like 4-90, which isn't a given really.