• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of India 2018

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I think Bravo bros and Narine will be available along with Narine...
Dwayne Bravo doesn't get into the team anyway tbh. T20 yes but not 50 overs.

Darren I'd play potentially ahead of Samuels or Rovman Powell if Holder refuses to bowl him. Narine if available and fit comes in for Allen.

Also think they should fire Holder as ODI skipper. His field placing in the middle overs is atrocious and he's not learning. He doesn't use part timers or all rounders even when his mein bowlers are struggling.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Is it now more of a question of when than IF, that Kohli will beat Tendulkars 49 tons? He's already got 36 now.
13 is still a decent number of hundreds to get though. On current form he'll do it easily, but he could see a drop in form where he scores less hundreds in the coming years, and I'm still of the impression that his career will not go on too long into his 30s. He should do it, but still a fair distance to go.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh yeah. The IF now is wrt 100 hundreds, I suppose.
A lot will depend on the body, Tendulkar was a bit of a freak playing to the age he did. We see many players reach 32/33 and just hit a wall and I don't mean punching Dravid. You never know with any of them who can carry on longer, captaincy seems to wear a player out more too.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
India's top 3 have been in some ridiculous nick in ODIs this year. Would be interesting to see the stats.
Haha yea they are in the top 3 in my rankings atm (not considering retired AB de Villiers)

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I knew as soon as Windies reached 250 that Kohli was guaranteed a ton, and so was Rohit probably.

It's just axiomatic for Indian home ODIs now, it's imbedded in laws of physics the Kohli chasing ton and the Rohit skifall.

Shri

Mr. Glass
13 is still a decent number of hundreds to get though. On current form he'll do it easily, but he could see a drop in form where he scores less hundreds in the coming years, and I'm still of the impression that his career will not go on too long into his 30s. He should do it, but still a fair distance to go.
He'll have around 45 by the end of 2019 imo. We've got the WC and all the warmups leading up to it.

Borges

International Regular
Still can't believe 320 can be chased with such ease now.
More evidence that this newfangled form of the game - ODIs with the current pitches and the current ICC rules - is the lowest, most meaningless form of international cricket.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
More evidence that this newfangled form of the game - ODIs with the current pitches and the current ICC rules - is the lowest, most meaningless form of international cricket.
I like the prolonged carnage of a chase like this.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Modern day batsmen are just so good at swinging through the line, and two new balls means no reverse swing.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Smashing Malinga around like a cheap prostitute feels to be so long ago for this character.