• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of India 2018

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Such an important innings for Rahane. I'm not sure he really justifies his place at home anymore. He's copped some more of the bowler-friendly pitches which has skewed it but the bloke averages 33 at home; I definitely think Vihari, Rohit and Nair are better players in India at this point. He hangs on probably by virtue of them wanting to develop a settled batting lineup (but then they hilariously dropped him in South Africa when a contribution could've made all the home direness worth it).

Tom Flint

International Regular
Did kohli have a slower start? I feel he is closing that gap all the time. He will play until a similar age imo and a lot will depend on how well he finishes his career.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did kohli have a slower start? I feel he is closing that gap all the time. He will play until a similar age imo and a lot will depend on how well he finishes his career.
Kohli's average was a re;atively lowly 43 in mid 2006 before his golden run began. Scoring almost another 10000 runs is going to be almost impossible no matter how well he bats.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tendulkar started much younger. Kohl's test batting average has yet to reach what Tendulkar's was at this point.

Tom Flint

International Regular
If he plays until the same age he would pretty much need to score 1000 runs a year. With the amount of tests india play what would he roughly need to average? 50 each year?

Daemon

Oh right. Im looking forward to seeing 3 spinners at the MCG. :)

Also Rahul averages only 33 overseas.
He's been poor, but at least Rahul has a hundred in Australia and England.

I also think Rahul's issues with the incoming delivery are easier to solve than Dhawan's. The latter is a known quantity overseas.

The selectors and Kohli have always been horses for courses with regards to bowlers but not with batsman. Dhawan's done imo.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Murali Vijay is interesting because of scoring runs in England in September - which is surely not easy!

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Embarrassing number of riches atm. Pujara and Rahane are lucky as **** to have such a long run tbh.
pujara is India's second best bat. Why should he be dropped.

Rahane imo should be dropped. His average is only 41. Pretty sureVihari can average better with time.

vcs

Pujara is a gun. He is a big reason why India have an excellent record in Asia.