• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
You're a melt. Like hash said, defend your posts instead of just crying foul as soon as somebody objects to what you say.
I am happy to defend what I say. What I’m unhappy about is getting abuse spouted at me for my opinions. Maybe people should learn to respect and criticise constructively. But yeah, I’m wrong so who cares.

Groundking

International Debutant
I am happy to defend what I say. What I’m unhappy about is getting abuse spouted at me for my opinions. Maybe people should learn to respect and criticise constructively. But yeah, I’m wrong so who cares.
You might be happy to do so, doesn't mean that you have been doing so.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was this the back up pitch for a high scoring draw should we be one ahead going into this game. looks the flattest of all the tracks this summer.

Stapel

International Regular
Was this the back up pitch for a high scoring draw should we be one ahead going into this game. looks the flattest of all the tracks this summer.
Nah,
It's the back up pitch for a high scoring farewell innings by Cook, should England have the Series in the bag.

I seriously dislike the idea Cook is retiring. I realise he's score just five 50+ scores (out of 36 innings), since the start of 2017. I really hope he scores big, flat pitch or not.

Burner

International Regular
Nasser Hussain seemed particularly peeved last match that Root was refusing to bat at 3. I agree tbf. Ali is better down the order.

Bijed

International Regular
Stat from Cricbuzz

Most consecutive opening stands for England without a 100+ partnership:
40 Mar 2013 - Apr 2015
37 Jun 2017 - present *
36 Feb 1954 - Jun 1956
34 May 1905 - May 1909
With Cook retiring, I can see us setting a new record by quite some margin

Groundking

International Debutant
Nasser Hussain seemed particularly peeved last match that Root was refusing to bat at 3. I agree tbf. Ali is better down the order.
But Root is bloody awful at 3, why hinder our best bat just because the other lad is better down the order. Anyway Moeen bats at 3 for his county, and I think it's fair giving him a chance there. If he fails he fails and so what?

Root @3 1538 @ 40.47
Root @4 2203 @ 52.45

Since becoming captain

Root @3 (11 innings) 313 @ 28.54
Root @4 (24 innings) 1246 @ 54.17

Last edited: