• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why does Pakistan traditionally produce better fast bowlers than India?

srbhkshk

International Captain
Its just peak stats
Kapil had better 50 test peak as a batsman than this 54.
Admittedly for a shorter period.
Let it go mate.

The basic flaw in your argument is this -

You believe Kapil was the better bowler when Imran was the better batsman - that's not true,It's true that Imran bowled less during those times - but he was still the better bowler, that's not something that ever changed. And the times when Kapil can reasonably be argued to be a better batsman - Imran was a vastly superior bowler.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
Let it go mate.

The basic flaw in your argument is this -

You believe Kapil was the better bowler when Imran was the better batsman - that's not true,It's true that Imran bowled less during those times - but he was still the better bowler, that's not something that ever changed. And the times when Kapil can reasonably be argued to be a better batsman - Imran was a vastly superior bowler.
First part
May be, but his avg is 30 something.. Thats not Regular Imran. Statistically Kapil was better. And I am not concerned about that part actually.

2nd part.
Imran was vastly superior with ball. Kapil clearly better batsman. Imo. Only when you combine Both phases of Imran, it becomes reasonably arguable.

Actually, I started to rate Kapil even higher after all these arguments. Whenever I check his stats it is better than my expectation.
Previously i put 50 test peak stats for him, but just now i found its better if stretched to 55 tests between 81 and 87.
77 innings, 2507 runs, 36.33avg, 4 100s, 15 50s

Its ok. I made my point already.
I am repeating same points, because everyone else doing the same.. They had only one reason "Average is higher".

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Dude, give it up seriously. With every post fewer and fewer people are reading what you are posting. Imran was a vastly superior cricketer than Kapil. End of.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dude, give it up seriously. With every post fewer and fewer people are reading what you are posting. Imran was a vastly superior cricketer than Kapil. End of.
Quite true. But I don't think arguing purely that Kapil was a marginally better batsman than Imran should be a hugely controversial opinion even if you disagree with it.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Quite true. But I don't think arguing purely that Kapil was a marginally better batsman than Imran should be a hugely controversial opinion even if you disagree with it.
Sure, but arbitrary slicing of batting record is a bad way to make that argument.

vcs

If I were PFK, I would come at it from the "I followed their careers and stats don't tell the true story" angle. Dunno if that's the case with him.

TheJediBrah

If I were PFK, I would come at it from the "I followed their careers and stats don't tell the true story" angle. Dunno if that's the case with him.
that's a great angle because you can use it to support literally anything regardless of how true it is

the big bambino

International Captain
As a pure batsman, it counts.
Not when its a combination of bat and ball.

Ok.
For example
Mr. X
First 50 tests
000 runs, 300wkts at an avg of 20
Last 50 tests
5000 runs at 60 avg, 000 wkts

Total Career
100 tests, 5000 runs, 300wkts

Will you select Mr. X as your allrounder in an 11?
Interesting. After reviewing this my ratings are:

1) Imran
2) Mr. X
3) Daylight
4) Kapil Dev.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Even if we accepted that Kapil was the very best Asian fast bowler of all time (which he never was), going back to the original question, why does Pakistan produce better quicks than India, Kapil notwithstanding? There are literally around 8-10 Pakistan quicks who are better than the second best Indian quick.

From the top of my head:

Imran
Wasim
Waqar
Akhtar
Mahmood
Asif (idiocy notwithstanding)
Amir (ditto)
Nawaz

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Khan Mohammad might possibly make that list also.

The next best Indian quick after Kapil would be a toss up between Zaheer, Srinath, Amar Singh & Mohammad Nissar. However, in a few more years, some of the current crop of Indian quicks may very well surpass these blokes.

IMO Srinath is the second best ever Indian pacer.

Migara

International Coach
Even if we accepted that Kapil was the very best Asian fast bowler of all time (which he never was), going back to the original question, why does Pakistan produce better quicks than India, Kapil notwithstanding? There are literally around 8-10 Pakistan quicks who are better than the second best Indian quick.

From the top of my head:

Imran
Wasim
Waqar
Akhtar
Mahmood
Asif (idiocy notwithstanding)
Amir (ditto)
Nawaz
Aaqib Javed