• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All this talk about Australia turning things around in the subcontinent and time periods and getting worse gain etc. when they probably just got lucky in that 1 Test in India because the wicket was a lottery and SOK took 12 and the rest of the games were decent wickets, not dustbowls like the SL tour and BD tour

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd have said the the wicket in the second test was worse than in the first. India simply misread O'Keefe's stock delivery - the straight ball - which was non too surprising from a team who've never faced him before.

Burgey

I think Faf is worse to watch because he at least had a longish period of being more than decent, whereas Rahane was always massively over rated and only ever a flash in the pan who's actually reverted to his true standard.

anaksr

U19 Debutant
I would like India to lose all its matches in England and then loose all matches in Australia too so that Ashwin is made captain in tests with Rohit in LO with Dravid as coach and Zaheer as bowling coach. Do I sound weird?

cnerd123

likes this
They lost that test to Bangladesh after the India tour. You dumb ****.
aiya mixed up England's tour of India and Australia's tour of India. Australia only had the UAE training camp before going to India - which tbf is not something you see a lot of sides do in preparation for a tour. England are the ones who played BD as a warmup before India. I remember now.

Australia actually went into that BD tour off the player dispute. That's why there were so raw in the first Test.

Point still stands - too late now for India to change anything. Should have set up a proper preparation period for this tour.

vcs

I would like India to lose all its matches in England and then loose all matches in Australia too so that Ashwin is made captain in tests with Rohit in LO with Dravid as coach and Zaheer as bowling coach. Do I sound weird?
Yes. Superbrain Ashwin batted himself and a bunch of noobs above Stoinis who was at 9 (I think) in the IPL. All kinds of "funky" bowling changes as well. The novelty won't last long when he does it with India.

Kohli/Shastri axis and their selections are rubbish but I can't fault Kohli too much for his on-field captaincy. And his personal form has gone up since captaincy, which is something you don't get from too many captains.

Top_Cat

aiya mixed up England's tour of India and Australia's tour of India. Australia only had the UAE training camp before going to India - which tbf is not something you see a lot of sides do in preparation for a tour. England are the ones who played BD as a warmup before India. I remember now.

Australia actually went into that BD tour off the player dispute. That's why there were so raw in the first Test.

Point still stands - too late now for India to change anything. Should have set up a proper preparation period for this tour.
Pujara had 6 games with Yorkshire prior to the Test and has had his arse kicked after doing sfa for them. All the prep in the world won't paper over no ticker.

cnerd123

likes this
Pujara was absolutely **** in those games. It's why he didn't play in the first Test.

Wouldn't say he has no ticker tho, he's just been exposed as having no scoring options against swing and seam. Absolutely strokeless, occupying the crease till he inevitably gets a good ball/gets runout.

Top_Cat

What you think him playing no shots comes from having the courage to block everything?

There's Dravid defence and there's the sort of defence that comes from not knowing how to handle the rib-tickler that's coming. The lines Pujara was playing for bore little relation to what was actually being sent down.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Not really. Wouldn't mind seeing Ashwin as captain.

trundler

There's nothing worse than a clueless defensive batsmen like Vandort or Pujara. Worst sight on a cricket field after crap finger spin.

OverratedSanity

Wouldn't say he's scared of getting hit but his backfoot technique has always been very suspect. The backfoot virtually never moves across and he ends up in a tangle against any decent bouncer. And he grips the bat so low on the handle that he generates virtually no power on any of his shots off the backfoot, or really anything square of the wicket even off the front foot.

OverratedSanity

What you think him playing no shots comes from having the courage to block everything?

There's Dravid defence and there's the sort of defence that comes from not knowing how to handle the rib-tickler that's coming. The lines Pujara was playing for bore little relation to what was actually being sent down.
Was also plain as day England were setting him up for the big inswinger in the 3-4 overs prior to the dismissal. Painfully predictable viewing.

Jack1

International Debutant
Actually it's because I click my history to come back to the thread on the last page before I log in. Sometimes I see some of you that are on ignore. Still, perhaps at some point I'll remove some of you if you request it. But right now, no.

If I see a post though I want to reply to before I login I will.

Tbh I find it hard to keep track who closely on who is who on here. I'll probably unignore ***** as despite being a troll sometimes does say some interesting things (sometimes)

Jack1

International Debutant
Pujara was absolutely **** in those games. It's why he didn't play in the first Test.

Wouldn't say he has no ticker tho, he's just been exposed as having no scoring options against swing and seam. Absolutely strokeless, occupying the crease till he inevitably gets a good ball/gets runout.
I think he's also a bit like a rabbit in the headlights. To be fair if you've been brought up in India then it's not surprising that English conditions aren't the easiest.

I think India seem caught in two minds whether to survive or attack. The problem with surviving against Anderson is it's impossible. You probably need to take the attack to him as a batting side, otherwise you are on a hiding to nothing.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously, if they play at Trentbridge like they did at Lord's they may find a way to lose by 2 innings.
It took me a while to realise that Lord's was effectively a two-day match; 170 overs in total, I believe.
Maybe we'll see an actual two-day match at Trent Bridge if the weather holds. Swingers' paradise and all that.