• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Xuhaib

International Coach
don't mind if people do not agree with me but is Anderson 16-18 so much better then Anderson 10-12 that he would average 5-6 runs less. For every Salman Butt and Imran Farhat, Anderson 10-12 would also frequently run in to Amla-Kallis. At the moment is there even one batting line up that can score runs collectively consistently home and away?

Last edited:

anaksr

U19 Debutant
1)Ashwin
2)Pant
3)Virat
4)Karun Nair
5)
6)Pandya
8)
9)Shami
10))Ishant
11)Bumrah

I never imagined at the beginning of this tour that I would struggle to select a playing 11 out of 18 member squad. Seems drastic to open with those two but we might not go much worse than this. Such is our condition that Hardik who should be the first to be out from team has to be now in as he looked fine with bat and bowl at least in last match. Fill in the blanks for remaining spots please. I have no idea.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Of you watch footage from the 50s through to the 70s, it’s really noticeable how many blokes played a lot of fullish bowling off the back foot. Some of the clips just posted yesterday from the 77 series between Australia and India are good examples, as are a lot of the clips in the same thread.
It was even more prevalent in the twenties and thirties before the change in the LBW rule stopped batsmen from defending back against the stumps.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
So it is 2-0 Anderson has India on toast and his favourite ground is up next. Ooops.
There's a case for Lord's actually now being his favourite. 2nd bowler after Murali to take 100 wickets at a single venue (granted, Murali has done it at 3 different grounds) and his last 25 wickets at Lord's have come at an average of 12.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If the batting has been so **** recently why has there only been 2 bowlers (Abbas and Anderson) who've managed to break into the sub 20 average range since the start of 2017?
TBF there's been like 15 in 2018. Batting seems to have fallen off a cliff recently.

SeamUp

International Coach
don't mind if people do not agree with me but is Anderson 16-18 so much better then Anderson 10-12 that he would average 5-6 runs less. For every Salman Butt and Imran Farhat, Anderson 10-12 would also frequently run in to Amla-Kallis. At the moment is there even one batting line up that can score runs collectively consistently home and away?
Truth.

But Jimmy can only deal with what is in front of him.

Seriously test batting line-ups world wide need to be shook up. It has been abysmal.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Man watching the series dismissals so far and I can't remember a middle order batsmen who had as big a gap between bat/pad as Karthik. He has got some great balls early but it's astonishing the size of gap.

Sammy Curran bowled his best stuff apart from first dig Edgbaston yday. Accuracy was there for the most part and got the ball to go across batsmen consistently. Really happy with him thus far - will probably struggle massively away but be gun at home.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seriously test batting line-ups world wide need to be shook up. It has been abysmal.
The problem is that I think most boards' solution will be 'less test cricket'. There's no incentive to improve when most countries will be playing contextless two-test series.

Chrish

International Debutant
What are the chances of India bouncing back now? Will conditions in any remaining grounds favorable to them ?

trundler

The chances of the severity of the next thrashing decreasing are slim whilst of them winning are negative.

vcs

I will be pleasantly surprised if we avoid 5-0. Will gladly take that at this point.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Re. Curran, I think he'll do mostly fine away from home. Maybe not in Aus/SA, but in the subcontinent if he can bowl stump-to-stump and find a bit of tail either way he'll go well

SillyCowCorner1

Bring back Sachin.

The way WillowTV HD was hyping up Kohli, I thought that he was an inmortal, invincible or something. If only Dawid* had caught him in the 1st test when the opportunity presented itself...

*I thought it was Malan who initiated the drop

SeamUp

International Coach
The problem is that I think most boards' solution will be 'less test cricket'. There's no incentive to improve when most countries will be playing contextless two-test series.
I'm still shocked about the new FTP.

How much fun was cricket when every team was competitive and had greats and 3-test series were the minimum. It meant something. Quite easily test series could be over in 6/7 days now with not many lasting the full 5 days at the moment.