• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was a short ball but I think Pope picked it out of the hand.

Yadav's being taught a similar lesson to Rashid Khan earlier this year. Consistency is key in tests.

SeamUp

International Coach

Yadav's being taught a similar lesson to Rashid Khan earlier this year. Consistency is key in tests.
Massive issues with wristies. The fine line.

Shamsi was same after his first test but looked much better in Sri Lanka recently.

flibbertyjibber

Early days but a lot to like about Pope's body language at the crease. Looks like he wants to own this.
Yeah looks very composed, the hype seems justified. Obviously very early days and a long way to go but doesn't look like a startled rabbit trapped in the headlights like Jennings does.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

And Shamsi. Bowled more bad balls in this spell than he did in the whole ODI series.

Daemon

And Shamsi. Bowled more bad balls in this spell than he did in the whole ODI series.
Not really imo, he often gets away with it in ODIs because the batsmen are so focused on the need to score off him constantly rather than waiting for the bad ball.

Agree he's bowling more erratically than normal though.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Who is missing Umesh?
I'm in the 4 seamers, 1 spinner camp for England/Australia/South Africa so I would prefer Umesh but in the context of this particular match, it would probably have zero impact. Can't really judge a bowling attack when you've got 100 odd on the board

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah looks very composed, the hype seems justified. Obviously very early days and a long way to go but doesn't look like a startled rabbit trapped in the headlights like Jennings does.
Tbf Jennings looked pretty good when he came on to the scene. Early days for Pope, looks good but lets see if he keeps it up for more than 10 tests.

Borges

International Regular
This Lollipop has looked quite good so far; Root 2.0.
This Kuldeep, so far, is Rashid Khan 2.0. Lucky to have escaped really severe punishment.