• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Decent record.

In the same timeframe Anderson has 203 wickets at 21 yet certain former captains want him dropped.
Tbf batting worldwide has gone dramatically downhill in the last few years. We've seen more and more lolapses from all teams than we ever have.

Hicheal Michael

U19 Captain
Tbf batting worldwide has gone dramatically downhill in the last few years. We've seen more and more lolapses from all teams than we ever have.
Its an interesting one, you could almost argue this is somewhat of a paradox. I feel the general consensus is the middling test match batsmen of today are, on average, of a lower quality than is previous eras, though some feel the top echelon batsmen of today are of comparable ability to their predecessors.

Shri

Mr. Glass
How did you guess, he has shut up about dropping Anderson or Broad this week. Will probably start up again if India win.
Anderson nailed Kohli 4 years ago because he was quicker. He has still got the skill but I think his body is going quickly. Will still pick up 2-3 wickets every innings with his tactics, setups and experience but he isn't going to blow teams away like he used to. has earned the right to call time on his own career tbh.

91Jmay

International Coach
Anderson nailed Kohli 4 years ago because he was quicker. He has still got the skill but I think his body is going quickly. Will still pick up 2-3 wickets every innings with his tactics, setups and experience but he isn't going to blow teams away like he used to. has earned the right to call time on his own career tbh.
I mean, he literally had Kohli dropped on 20 and beat the bat/found the edge another 4 times in first dig.

He also bowled like 11 overs in a row.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
May the best team win this. Hope we have a controversy free ending and it a great finish to a brilliant test. Oh and be done for 12.40 so I can go to match in peace and not worry about it.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why are you Shriing up so much

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anderson's longevity for a fast bowler is ridiculous. 15 years, wow. Can't think of many besides Akram and Walsh who've lasted so long and kept their highest level.

Hicheal Michael

U19 Captain
Not once in the second innings. Kohli was still figuring things out in the 1st dig imo.
8.4 Anderson to Kohli, no run, beats him this time! That's a good one from Anderson, gets it closer to off stump this time, Kohli has to play and it straightens off the seam

18.1 Anderson to Kohli, no run, chases and is beaten. Length ball wide outside off, reaches a long way out

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
How did you see Anderson bowling in the first innings and think "his body is going quickly"
Lol, you can't see that he is slower than he was 4 years ago? Also, isn't he coming off a shoulder injury? Its not just the first innings, it is the lead up to it among other things.

Shri

Mr. Glass
8.4 Anderson to Kohli, no run, beats him this time! That's a good one from Anderson, gets it closer to off stump this time, Kohli has to play and it straightens off the seam

18.1 Anderson to Kohli, no run, chases and is beaten. Length ball wide outside off, reaches a long way out
No edge.