• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Borges

International Regular
Rahane has always been overrated by the CricketWeb crowd; a batsman who can't do as well as the others at home is unlikely to be a star on away tours..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Rahane has always been overrated by the CricketWeb crowd; a batsman who can't do as well as the others at home is unlikely to be a star on away tours..
He had improved for a while when he reduced his deficiencies only to go back to bad old habits of pedantic promising player with deficiencies.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Rahane just looks absolutely terrified of committing to a shot. Even a forward defense.

Reminds me off Kaif’s tentativeness in test cricket.

Rahul/Dhawan/Vijay at least are going for their shots and scoring a few even if their defensive technique isn’t up to it.

Rahane’s defense is cooked and he appears too scared to go for his shots.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I am speculating here but he seems far too particular for his own good. Always serious, trying to be completely proper. Trying to ape his idol, Rahul Dravid. Needs to loosen up a bit, hey.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I dunno - you get out of bed early all week to spend tedious days in the office and then come the Sabbath you're so pumped up about what will amount to a single session of cricket that you have to get up even earlier than you do on a working day - I suppose I can understand why Mrs Fertang thinks I'm mad, and she'll no doubt be pissed off with me when I take a nap this afternoon

91Jmay

International Coach
Rahul doesn't have a good technique. People are getting confused with someone having the ability to play aesthetically pleasing shots and actually having a good defensive technique. The James Vince fallacy

Shri

Mr. Glass
Time to revamp the test batsmen tbh. Kick the idiots out and most importantly, strip Kohli of the captaincy.

For the next test:

Vijay
Pujara
Nair
Kohli
Rahane
DK
Ashwin
Kuldeep
Shami
Ishant
Umesh

Shri

Mr. Glass
Didn't Poo play county games when the conditions were not as dry? Maybe he can do slightly better now?

srbhkshk

International Captain
I'll still like to see this lineup -

Vijay
Rahul
Rahane
Kohli
Karthik
Pant
Pandya

The problem with dropping Pandya is that there is no other batsman who can bowl ~10 overs a day and not end up going for 60+. Definitely wouldn't want to weaken the batting by getting in Kuldeep either.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Time to revamp the test batsmen tbh. Kick the idiots out and most importantly, strip Kohli of the captaincy.

For the next test:

Vijay
Pujara
Nair
Kohli
Rahane
DK
Ashwin
Kuldeep
Shami
Ishant
Umesh
Yeah, looks good. There is a temptation to get DK to open but I would prefer him to bat lower down where he can actually maximise his run making.

Motorwada

Banned
Yeah, looks good. There is a temptation to get DK to open but I would prefer him to bat lower down where he can actually maximise his run making.
jadeja in place of kuldeep. he's a lot better than 2014 and has often out bowled ashen on some unhelpful tracks.

plus hurrah in place of umesh who has a tendency to be wayward.

91Jmay

International Coach
Was at game yesterday. Superb day, best ground in country and another great Edgbaston pitch. Good batsmen can make runs on it, good bowlers of all styles are rewarded. I think India will sneak home via Kohli, we don't deserve to win with all the drops

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I prefer Kuldeep to Jadeja as I expect him to pickup more wickets and don't particularly see Jadeja score that many.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll still like to see this lineup -

Vijay
Rahul
Rahane
Kohli
Karthik
Pant
Pandya

The problem with dropping Pandya is that there is no other batsman who can bowl ~10 overs a day and not end up going for 60+. Definitely wouldn't want to weaken the batting by getting in Kuldeep either.
Vijay
Rahul
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Karthik
Pandya

is probably the safest bet right now. Somehow I feel Rahul would be mentally clearer in his thought process if he had to open.

Ultimately, someone outside Kohli has to put his had up otherwise it's all just reshuffling.

Motorwada

Banned
Vijay
Rahul
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Karthik
Pandya

is probably the safest bet right now. Somehow I feel Rahul would be mentally clearer in his thought process if he had to open.

Ultimately, someone outside Kohli has to put his had up otherwise it's all just reshuffling.
Vijay
Rahul
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Karthik
Pandya
Bumrah
Shami
Ashwin
Ishant

with Bhuvi replacing one of the seamers if/when he comes back.

Would have been good to have Bhuvi here or at Trent Bridge though.

If Lord's/Oval are like the ones Aus/Pak get we'll win easily as on those tracks we are godlike but have to win one of Edgbaston or Trent Bridge. Hopefully we do it today.

Last edited: