• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haven't been this excited about a neutral Test for ages.

What a way to answer his critics about playing in England if Kohli can see India home from here. I guess he already has with that 149.

Haven't been following him too closely, but Rahane looks a shadow of the batsman he was 3-4 years ago.

Borges

International Regular
What a way to answer his critics about playing in England if Kohli can see India home from here. I guess he already has with that 149.
The way he played in that first innings of his showed us a facet of his batting that he hadn't demonstrated earlier; earlier, he either looked very good or he got out.
That was an innings of the kind that the lesser AB used to play throughout his career: surviving somehow, and grinding it out with bloody minded determination.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Winner 1 of last man standing: garylyon
Congrats garylyon!

Today's question
1. Will Rashid get a wicket this innings?
2. Will Hardik Pandya score more than 10 runs?

Last edited:

R!TTER

State Regular
If we manage to win this, it'd literally be the worst I've seen us play and still manage to grind a win. In that sense, we don't deserve it, but then again India's batsmen apart from Kohli have been dreadful, even considering the low standard we've set. Dropping Pujara seems a bit daft now.

Personally, I'd find an England win satisfying just to go against that old mantra of fifties not winning matches. Imagine Kohli scoring the only hundred of the game, the only 50+ score of his team, and India losing to our batsmen who scored 3 50s amognst them. It would be hilarious. Would be a bit of a meme

Of course that probably won't happen. If Kolhi is still in by 150 India should cruise this. If he isn't then I can't see India's remaining batsmen having the application to see this through; If he remains in, even with wickets falling around him, he'll just shepard the tail.

Great test match though. Funny how the worse the quality of cricket on display (apart from the bowling), the better the spectacle.
Not really, we've had the pleasure of watching games like Cape Town 2011 - where the best of Kallis, SRT, Steyn, Morkel was on display. That game, for me, ranks as the most thrilling game away from home. Deserved a result that one tbh, was such a great game.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

There can never be a repeat of awesomeness of playing a match winning innings in a Nihadas Trophy final.

The ***iness level is off the charts.
Two letters: DK

OverratedSanity

Haven't been following him too closely, but Rahane looks a shadow of the batsman he was 3-4 years ago.
Confidence is at rockbottom and his tentativeness outside off (which was always there even when he was good) has reached laughable levels. Sad to see tbh because he's my favourite in the lineup to watch when he gets going.

vcs

Pessimism has kicked in again after waking up.

84 seems so far away. They'll probably bowl a jaffa to dismiss Kohli early and we'll end up about 40-50 short.

Burner

International Regular
Confidence is at rockbottom and his tentativeness outside off (which was always there even when he was good) has reached laughable levels. Sad to see tbh because he's my favourite in the lineup to watch when he gets going.
I am pretty sure "Nobody expected Rahane to play" did a number on him.

Zinzan

Pessimism has kicked in again after waking up.

84 seems so far away. They'll probably bowl a jaffa to dismiss Kohli early and we'll end up about 40-50 short.
India are rightfully favourites, but England look excellent value with the bookies paying $3 for the win, with India at just $1.40.

I think it's closer than that. Kohli goes early, and it's England immediately favourites.

Borges

International Regular
I'm more optimistic now, than I was at the end of play yesterday. They would need a fair slice of luck, but 84 does not seem as far away as it appeared to be earlier.
Sure enough, the pessimism will return once I start to watch these guys try to bat.

Last edited: