• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Bijed

International Regular
Man, what a day. In all honesty I won't even mind that much if we lose tomorrow, it's been that enthralling today.

cnerd123

likes this
Check out the balls faced

Really good from Karthik and exceptional from the Kaptain

This is still anyone's game, and it's definitely coming to an end tomorrow (weather allowing)

Hyped.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been a great test (not that I saw any of it before today) and cricket is the winner whatever the result. Sets the series up nicely too, might be more interest if it a good seesawing series.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Root just doesn't trust Rashid at all, does he. May as well have not played him and used himself for a token spin over at the end.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Man, this reminds me of the atmosphere in the 4th innings during Mohali 2010. I st test of the series, India just settling into being called the best team in the world, Low target around 200, Kohli/SRT having scored a massive hundred in the 1st innings and in the form of their life, nobody else being able to lay bat on ball in the 4th innings and the score around 100/5.

Then Tendulkar got out, and 20 min later, we were 120/8 with odds at 15/1 Oz.

Then Laxman comes back from the dead and plays a mind bending knock on hunchback for us to win by 1 wicket.

Also **** y’all who’re going full Buddha about losing. I’ll probably be breaking some controllers/remotes when we lose.

Chrish

International Debutant
Reckon England has pretty much got this in the bag. My prediction: India will loose by at least 30 runs.

vcs

Epic test match, it really doesn't get much better than this. Hope the rest of the series lives up to this.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Illingworth is one. Probably not the only one.
Apparently this is a complete list of players who took longer than Stokes up to 2004.

Carl Hooper(WI) 90
Jacques Kallis(RSA) 53
Gary Sobers(WI) 48
Ray Illingworth(ENG) 47
Trevor Bailey(ENG) 47
Ravi Shastri(IND) 44

Perhaps there may be a couple more since then, but Hooper surely still holds the record. Quite surprised to see Trevor Bailey there as he actually has a pretty decent Test record. I guess he didn't have to bowl much as England had epic bowling resources at his time (Bedser, Tyson, Statham, Trueman, Laker, Lock, Wardle, Appleyard etc).

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently this is a complete list of those that took longer than Stokes up to 2004.

Carl Hooper(WI) 90
Jacques Kallis(RSA) 53
Gary Sobers(WI) 48
Ray Illingworth(ENG) 47
Trevor Bailey(ENG) 47
Ravi Shastri(IND) 44

Perhaps there may be a couple more since then, but Hooper surely still holds the record.
Jayasuriya almost broke Hooper's record. 98 wickets in 110 games.

vcs

I thought he was very good given how tricky the conditions were. Batted out of his crease and played it right under his eyes.

srbhkshk

International Captain
For those who saw: How was Kohli's knock today? Confident and chanceless?
Almost chanceless, he might have got beaten a couple of times by beauties from Anserson and Curran (always gonna happen with the quality of pitch and bowling), but was remarkably solid otherwise. No edges or catch chances so far.