• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Erm no. I disagree that cricket batting is like darts which you wrote. Cricket batting is not like darts, or gymnastics, or boxing. Every thing is different.

You are confusing athleticism with sports.
Nah, you're confusing athleticism with cricket batting.

It isn't a requirement.

;)

Batting is all hand eye, just like darts :D

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That looks to me as being say, Ponting level good. No one has been as good at any sport as Bradman. We want more than that if you are to assert he's as good as the guy who averaged a ****ing 100 with a stick.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket

It isn't a requirement.

;)

Erm no, batting and darts are not the same, which you said.

Batting is also about footwork for example, some thing which you require in boxing too actually.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!

It isn't a requirement.

;)

Try lasting 10 balls just standing and swatting in a match. Record if please.

Cricket is definitely more demanding than baseball which doesn't last for days.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Miyagi, serious question: Have you every played cricket with the red cherry? Got any bruises? You clearly have no experience with cricket.

cnerd123

likes this
Try lasting 10 balls just standing and swatting in a match. Record if please.

Cricket is definitely more demanding than baseball which doesn't last for days.
Baseball has a far more taxing schedule tho - so in terms of days per year, or hours spent playing, I'd say it's just as demanding, if not more, for a MLB player compared to an elite cricketer

Not that is relevant

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's hall of fame in both. And All Stars in MLB. What more do you want?
It's funny that the offical MLB hall of fame site does not list him as an inductee, nor does the Pro Football Hall of Fame site. This seems like a rather big oversight on their part.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Why don't you answer the question instead of dodging it? :)

How much cricket with the red cherry have you played?
Dude - I am whatever and whoever you say I am.

I clearly have no experience with cricket.

I'm not dodging anything.

Tell everyone here something they don't know about me :)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dude - I am whatever and whoever you say I am.

I clearly have no experience with cricket.

I'm not dodging anything.

Tell everyone here something they don't know about me :)
I am asking you how much cricket have you played with the red cherry? :)

Mr Miyagi

Banned
You have dodged every single counter argument by being passive aggressive and twisting bits of text.
Nopes. I have conceded every personal accudation I've been accussed of mot relevant to greatest sportsman, cos I am clearly not offering myself for that honour. BoJackson is mine, Usain Boult in the top 5.