• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Who are you, dear Miyagi? Some one who has a bit of free time over past few months, suddenly developed some interest in cricket and wanted to show off as an extremely knowledgable person on it? Feeling happy to take over the forum? Heh.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Who are you, dear Miyagi? Some one who has a bit of free time over past few months, suddenly developed some interest in cricket and wanted to show off as an extremely knowledgable person on it? Feeling happy to take over the forum? Heh.
You're still replying and asking me loaded questions while telling me I'm passive aggressive?

Dude :)

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I said greatest sportsman, not athlete.
My point stemmed from Bradman dominating his sport like no one else has. No other sportsman can claim to be as good as the equivalent of Tendulkar and Laxman combined. The fact that some of his records still stand today. Some have merely been tied. His century count stood for over 30 years ffs. No one can claim to be that good at any sport. The fact that he could compete at a top level in other sports was a support argument.

Secondly, the comparison of cricket and darts is absurd. You have to be in the field for 5 ****ing days. It's an endurance sport. Sure it's not the most athletic sport, which is besides the point anyway, but it is unique not only in its length but the number of variables that one has to face. You have denigrated skill absurdly in trying to prove it isn't athletic. How skilful Bradman was is again unrivaled.

trundler

Can we create a new thread and move this dumpster fire there? For the sake of this thread's sanctity.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I said greatest sportsman, not athlete.
My point stemmed from Bradman dominating his sport like no one else has. No other sportsman can claim to be as good as the equivalent of Tendulkar and Laxman combined. The fact that some of his records still stand today. Some have merely been tied. His century count stood for over 30 years ffs. No one can claim to be that good at any sport. The fact that he could compete at a top level in other sports was a support argument.

Secondly, the comparison of cricket and darts is absurd. You have to be in the field for 5 ****ing days. It's an endurance sport. Sure it's not the most athletic sport, which is besides the point anyway, but it is unique not only in its length but the number of variables that one has to face. You have denigrated skill absurdly in trying to prove it isn't athletic. How skilful Bradman was is again unrivaled.
How many days do you think a darts championship takes? Seriously.

Standing up there by themselves. No one to give the strike to when things get tough.

Everything you do yelled out to the entire audience.

Last edited:

trundler

How many days do you think a darts championship takes? Seriously.

Standing up there by themselves. No one to give the strike to when things get tough.

Everything you do yelled out to the entire audience.
Dude, stop. You clearly have never played cricket. The patience, reflexes, skill, all of it is pretty taxing. Thanks for ignoring the rest of it though.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He still hasn't apologised for being wrong on post #7900 on page 198. Get in line buddy.
I must say that when he said that Jackson 'dominated' both sports I was expecting to find a batting average of more than .254, and at least one season over .300, as well as maybe some more major accolades from the NFL.

But since he bangs on about Jackson's 'hand-eye coordination' and 'ability to navigate what is in front of him' I'd love to see him consider part of my post #8145, since you won't find a better test of those two things.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I must say that when he said that Jackson 'dominated' both sports I was expecting to find a batting average of more than .254, and at least one season over .300, as well as maybe some more major accolades from the NFL.
He's hall of fame in both. And All Stars in MLB. What more do you want?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Wait, you think cricket batting is harder than darts? :laugh:

You clearly have not ever played darts.
Erm no. I disagree that cricket batting is like darts which you wrote. Cricket batting is not like darts, or gymnastics, or boxing. Every thing is different.

You are confusing athleticism with sports.