• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Football? Yes. Cricket? Maybe after the Hundred.
What do you think the stadiums in Australia are so big for? It ain't cricket.

unless you're the MCG on Boxing Day against England (or India and all the ex-pats turn up) it's never going to even be half full. The 50-80k+ capacities around Aus are for the footy, and gets filled pretty regularly

Burgey

I'm not suggesting they build garbage. How many people live in and around London? There should be a cricket ground tehre which can accommodate at least 60K people. I realize there are massive logistical issues in doing it, given the city is so densely populated, but they need it. How good would it be to see WC matches with 60-70K people in attendance? Or an Ashes test with the same sort of crowd? As I mentioned previously, there is no realistic chance of it happening at Lord's given the price of real estate around the ground, but have a crack at it with The Oval. Would be magnificent to have a big stadium there which incorporates the old pavilion with new stands. You have to dream big, SKennedy. Otherwise the sport will only ever be small fry.

Burgey

No.

In the future do note that I will only correspond with Burgey and not his team.

Kind Regards,
Daemon
Founder and President of RANDI
Daemon,

Thank you for your correspondence. We will pass the message onto Burgey on your behalf.

Regards,
TBT.

Mr Miyagi

Banned

unless you're the MCG on Boxing Day against England (or India and all the ex-pats turn up) it's never going to even be half full. The 50-80k+ capacities around Aus are for the footy, and gets filled pretty regularly
Aussie Rullllllllllllllllllessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Who do you thunk sulls more tickits each yerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, crickey or foottty?

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Would this qualify as a spongy wicket? Offering sideways movement but with no real zip. Not many going around in world cricket at the moment; Hobart used to be so once I believe.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

You couldn’t use cricket grounds for football though, and even if you could there’s no need to.

Whether or not we could or should have bigger stadia, they’d have to be for cricket + non-sporting events as there’s no sport here they could share with really.

TheJediBrah

You couldn’t use cricket grounds for football though, and even if you could there’s no need to.

Whether or not we could or should have bigger stadia, they’d have to be for cricket + non-sporting events as there’s no sport here they could share with really.
I don't think anyone's seriously suggesting you do thb, it was just a bit of Aus/Eng banter. Not sure how it's developed into a serious discussion tbh.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No
No

Can I suggest/request a mod splits the last man standing into a separate thread, preferably not harsh because, you know, heaven only knows what would happen if he tried to do it, but it would make it a lot easier to follow, especially after a day's play when there's going to be a few hundred posts to wade through and the question could quite easily get buried.

Borges

International Regular
Would this qualify as a spongy wicket? Offering sideways movement but with no real zip.
It was spongy on the first day, but I think it will get quicker and provide better bounce on days two and three as it loses moisture. They probably overdid the watering.

cnerd123

likes this
England are unbeaten in games where Root scores a century - 10 wins, 3 draws, win rate of 77%

In games where Root scores between 50-100, they only win 33% of the time

Burgey

Most of your cricket grounds have outfields the size of football pitches anyway. Double up on them.

Better yet, start an Aussie Rules comp.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
England are unbeaten in games where Root scores a century - 10 wins, 3 draws, win rate of 77%

In games where Root scores between 50-100, they only win 33% of the time
Pretty meaningless stat. If your best batsman scores more runs, obviously your team will win more except when your bowlers are ****s circa India 90s, say.