• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Didn't get to see play yesterday so just wondering, in light of the talk about ticket sales in the leadup how much filled to capacity was the ground yesterday?

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Didn't get to see play yesterday so just wondering, in light of the talk about ticket sales in the leadup how much filled to capacity was the ground yesterday?
Lots of empty seats. But that's okay for a Wednesday.

I think India had the greater crowd support from what I saw.

But every games a home game for them these days.

Borges

International Regular
I think 300, while below par, is still a competitive score on this wicket. India would have to score about 370 or so in their first innings to compensate for having to bat last.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
What happens if the actual results are Yes, Yes but nobody has voted for that?
Usually never happens. My vote would actually have been Yes and Yes. While India has exceeded expectations on the first day, I am slightly doubtful that they will concede the strong position as we have been used to it in the past. :)

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Usually never happens. My vote would actually have been Yes and Yes. While India has exceeded expectations on the first day, I am slightly doubtful that they will concede the strong position as we have been used to it in the past. :)
I was pretty close but your first question was a bastard. Refer my earlier conversation with you.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a strange world S Kennedy lives in where, unless you fill a stadium every day it's in use, you shouldn't consider increasing its seating capacity.

Anyway, nws it's day two, this series starts tonight, ten minutes after India takes the last England wicket.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Man of course all the action happens while I'm in bed

AshWIN WAFG. I'm assuming he bowled much the same way in the third session as he did in the first two, and if so, this is what we've been calling for from him for ages. No funky stuff, reigning in the variations, sticking to a good line and length and letting the batsmen make the errors. He puts so many revs on the ball that he's going to be difficult to play as it is, he doesn't need to go into ODI mode and look to win each and every ball. Let the batsmen try and take you on, they'll produces chances in the process.

Lol @ Root
He got two wickets with inswingers lmao. Taking up the role of Bhuvi as swing bowler.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
It's a strange world S Kennedy lives in where, unless you fill a stadium every day it's in use, you shouldn't consider increasing its seating capacity.

Anyway, nws it's day two, this series starts tonight, ten minutes after India takes the last England wicket.
To what end? To what purpose would you increase the seating?

It is a strange world Australians live in where they believe cricket can fill out an 80,000 seater in England!