• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Don't need a 6th bowler. Just need the 5th bowler to bowl 10 overs a day and give away 20 runs.
The period when India were so good didn't just have Ganguly and SRT, even Sehwag could bowl, so captain would use the bowler according to pitch etc.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is the kind of situation India would get into on every single one of those series in 2013-14 and let the tail add 150 or something by bowling 5 bouncers an over.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Nasser can get boring after a while. Atherton is the true golden boy.. always makes great points. Best commentator.

Cow Corner

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Tricky thing about this playing 2 spinners theory...if we play 2 spinners then knowing Kohli, Shami would have been dropped for Kuldeep and Shami's been one of our best bowlers today. If they have to drop Hardik to get Jadeja or Kuldeep in, then the batting gets weakened. Although I guess Hardik is going to only average 10runs more than Jadeja so maybe that's worth it?

If you play Kuldeep then you have 4 number 11s playing in the team which I don't think India can risk frankly.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tricky thing about this playing 2 spinners theory...if we play 2 spinners then knowing Kohli, Shami would have been dropped for Kuldeep and Shami's been one of our best bowlers today. If they have to drop Hardik to get Jadeja or Kuldeep in, then the batting gets weakened. Although I guess Hardik is going to only average 10runs more than Jadeja so maybe that's worth it?

If you play Kuldeep then you have 4 number 11s playing in the team which I don't think India can risk frankly.
Shami should play given the cloud cover and that it's England when fit. You can't argue not playing two spinners giving that logic.

Cow Corner

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Oh jeez, just as I've been talking about Pandya. No cricketing sense. You're brought on the 77th over to bowl a couple before the main guys bowl with the new ball. Instead he gives away two boundary balls. 10 overs for 46 runs is not what you want from your 5th bowler.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ffs had dinner with the gf and then went back to office until midnight. Haven't seen a ball all day but this appears to be a pretty good day so far.

Well done Ashwin.